Question on Verizon returns

templetonryecy

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded from the Incredible to the Thunderbolt. I was at 20 months so I got to upgrade, and I upgraded to a 1 year contract instead of 2. Got a great price too :)

Out of sheer curiosity, if I return the Thunderbolt to Verizon (telling them I want to cancel the new 1 year contract I just 'upgraded' to and going back to the old one where I'm sitting at 20 months) and go back to the Incredible, do I go back to being 'upgrade eligible' or did I just lose the the upgrade option altogether?

I can understand if Verizon wouldn't want people to constantly return stuff in that 14 window and still retain that upgrade status, so I imagine there is some rule around it, but I would hope a customer would get more than one chance...

TIA!

templetonryecy

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
but it will reset it under current terms, meaning you will not qualify for an NE2 credit next time you upgrade.

Can you elaborate on this?

I was sitting at 20 months, and it said I was eligible for an upgrade. So I did. If I return the TB and cancel the contract, returning to my old one, will I be right back to that '20 month stage and eligible for upgrade' or not?

Thanks!

alfieferenzo84

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
If you return it everything will go back to as if you never ordered the phone. Only thing is you will have to call to order a different phone as they will block your upgrade online so you will have to call or go to store to upgrade why i dont know. Been with them 7 years just returned the iphone and before that the droid x

potatolover1102

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
What I do not understand is my ne2 is still showing as july 6th on my Verizon even though I upgraded to the thunderbolt already? Will it just stay there and I could use it or could I say they need to let me since it is still there lol?? I do not want to call and have them see it is a mistake lol. Not trying to be shady but if it is a mistake then it is what it is.

potatolover1102

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
oh yeah it did lol. I am waiting until then to see if its stays and will do a screen shot maybe lol but my upgrade was done on a "special circumstance manager approval" so it might not have registered correctly therefore leaving my upgrade in place?

templetonryecy

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
If you return it everything will go back to as if you never ordered the phone. Only thing is you will have to call to order a different phone as they will block your upgrade online so you will have to call or go to store to upgrade why i dont know. Been with them 7 years just returned the iphone and before that the droid x

So what you are saying is it is going to be a hassle next time I want to upgrade :(

potatolover1102

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
oh yes for the love do not return it! It took my droid x return in December TWO MONTHS to process and they still never fixed my account completely, upgrade wise, and we were almost in collections because they charged retail price and didn't take the charge off for months. I almost cancelled over the incident because I was so mad at how badly things got screwed so please DO NOT even consider it lol especially if you ordered online or on the phone!

templetonryecy

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
SURE IS

And sometimes the prices are different from store and phone vs online i hate it.

Yeah you're tellin me! I got the Bolt for $229 on a 1 year contract.
The store WOULD NOT give me that price. Thought I was crazy that it was even possible. Actually 2 stores were baffled that online I was getting that price. They wouldn't even do 1 year contract in stores...maybe just dumb employees?

So then when you try to upgrade online, it literally does not LET you or it just doesn't show that you are eligible?

templetonryecy

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
oh yes for the love do not return it! It took my droid x return in December TWO MONTHS to process and they still never fixed my account completely, upgrade wise, and we were almost in collections because they charged retail price and didn't take the charge off for months. I almost cancelled over the incident because I was so mad at how badly things got screwed so please DO NOT even consider it lol especially if you ordered online or on the phone!

Well this post sufficiently scares me :( More thinking to do...

alfieferenzo84

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeah you're tellin me! I got the Bolt for $229 on a 1 year contract.
The store WOULD NOT give me that price. Thought I was crazy that it was even possible. Actually 2 stores were baffled that online I was getting that price. They wouldn't even do 1 year contract in stores...maybe just dumb employees?

So then when you try to upgrade online, it literally does not LET you or it just doesn't show that you are eligible?

On the main page it will say your up for a upgrade you will even get emails. But after you hit upgrade then it goes to select phone the next page will say upgrade at full retail. You can call and confirm this i been thou it 3x now and i have called and conplained about it a few times but they say thats the rules...

templetonryecy

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Also save your tracking number because when i returned the droid x they said they never got it and billed me full retail, I had to call with the tracking number to get that reversed.

If I do this, I will go into the corporate store and return it. I have 'confirmed' with several nearby that they'll do this, even on an online order. They've both confirmed that my contract will reset like nothing happened but I'm worried about potential issues...

martin erwin

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Can you elaborate on this?

I was sitting at 20 months, and it said I was eligible for an upgrade. So I did. If I return the TB and cancel the contract, returning to my old one, will I be right back to that '20 month stage and eligible for upgrade' or not?

Thanks!

Your upgrade date will reset to the original upgrade date, but your NE2 credit will liekly disappear. You will still get the sale price on the phone when you choose to upgrade again, but you will likely not get the extra discount.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol