Evo 3D?

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Now that we've seen what HTC's next-gen best is going to look like, any second-thoughts on the Bolt?

I'm on the fence. I love the Bolt, but dual core and gingerbread are mighty tempting. (I wouldn't trade LTE for WiMax ever, though)

I have no interest whatsoever in 3D viewing.

As far as dual-core and Gingerbread.

1. Dual core, I can't miss what I've never had. TB speed is great for now, Dual core will be better than whatever EVO has now on my next phone.

2. Gingerbread will probably show up for TB at some point. If not I will have I will have whatever the new "letter" OS is on my next phone.

Basically, I have this phone for now. There is always the next new thing coming out every couple months. I am not going to spend my life second guessing my cell phone purchases.

RkyMtnHigh

Banned
Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I have no interest whatsoever in 3D viewing.

As far as dual-core and Gingerbread.

1. Dual core, I can't miss what I've never had. TB speed is great for now, Dual core will be better than whatever EVO has now on my next phone.

2. Gingerbread will probably show up for TB at some point. If not I will have I will have whatever the new "letter" OS is on my next phone.

Basically, I have this phone for now. There is always the next new thing coming out every couple months. I am not going to spend my life second guessing my cell phone purchases.

Exactly. You'll go mad otherwise.

quanb24

Jan 31, 2011
www.twitter.com
looks like a cassette player lol do we REALLY need 3D capabilities on a smartphone? I'm happy with my bolt, Dual core is nice but we can't even grasp the full power yet. LTE is better then i expected it to be

RkyMtnHigh

Banned
Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
looks like a cassette player lol do we REALLY need 3D capabilities on a smartphone? I'm happy with my bolt, Dual core is nice but we can't even grasp the full power yet. LTE is better then i expected it to be

Honestly, I think 3D is going to be a slowly evolving platform that will eventually (10 years or so) be as common as a color television was in the 80's, and cable television is today. You SEE in 3D, so it makes total sense to eventually broadcast everything in 3D without needing glasses to see it. It's the same thing with the 120 and 240hz televisions...those take some getting used to as the movement of people and vehicles looks like you're watching it in person. HP is working on several 3D devices including laptops. Give it some time. 3D is very simple to make as all it needs is 2 cameras to focus on the same object. the Evo3D 3D isn't the kind of 3D that jumps off the screen and looks like it is floating in front of you. That is more of a projection trick of 3D. It is merely a separation of objects through depth and it is far from being a gimmick. Mark my words, it will be mainstream within a decade, and then Verizon will roll out a device and you guys will love 3D as much as you like the kickstand on the Bolt even though that was termed "useless", "gimmicky" and "unneeded" when the Evo rolled out ;)

Mordecaidrake

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
Personally I think 3D is only good on an IMAX screen. I won't but a 3D TV for my house never mind carrying around a pocket size device for it. Not worth it in my opinion nor is the viewing that enjoyable, IMHO.

RkyMtnHigh

Banned
Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Personally I think 3D is only good on an IMAX screen. I won't but a 3D TV for my house never mind carrying around a pocket size device for it. Not worth it in my opinion nor is the viewing that enjoyable, IMHO.

I think you're getting wrapped up in the term 3D as it pertains to special effects in a movie. You already see everything in 3D unless you only have one eye, which if that's the case, I'm sorry. If you were born 50 years ago, you would have said the same thing about color television. You would have said it's not needed, even though only 93% of males see in color while a whopping 99.6% of women do. Source? http://www.hhmi.org/senses/b130.html (if that's not a gender-prevalent disorder, I don't know what is)

Last edited:

I am Fake Jesus

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
i have no regrets, tho i will say those on sprint will love this. but it wont be for everyone. 3d is a gimmmick to me. maybe its my bad vision lol. but the design of the phone is lacking. same front. back is uglied up from the 3d camera an has a bionic look. no kickstand. no loud speaker...kinda downgrade in that department. the bolt has the loudest speaker iv had on a phone. an i use it. love it. the new stuff for sense on it is a lil odd. but dual core an larger battery is something to be jealous of, tho i can be with my bolt for the 24 months. by then there will be amazing handsets out. i lived with my iphone 3g for over 2 years....it was painful last year an half lol but i made it. wont be painful with the bolt

RkyMtnHigh

Banned
Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
i have no regrets, tho i will say those on sprint will love this. but it wont be for everyone. 3d is a gimmmick to me. maybe its my bad vision lol. but the design of the phone is lacking. same front. back is uglied up from the 3d camera an has a bionic look. no kickstand. no loud speaker...kinda downgrade in that department. the bolt has the loudest speaker iv had on a phone. an i use it. love it. the new stuff for sense on it is a lil odd. but dual core an larger battery is something to be jealous of, tho i can be with my bolt for the 24 months. by then there will be amazing handsets out. i lived with my iphone 3g for over 2 years....it was painful last year an half lol but i made it. wont be painful with the bolt

You bring up some good points, but the case for the Evo has a kickstand built in, and who knows, it may come with that particular case if enough people complain about the lack of one. Also, they are rolling out a line of speakers designed for cell phones (I know that because even HP is working on a set) much like all the stuff for the iPods both powered and unpowered. The iPod doesn't have an external speaker either, and a speaker is just one more way to let water into the phone. Technology is going to change and evolve constantly for the phones over the next 5 years or so, and then it'll hit a wall like the PC's have. 3D this early just set the bar for further evolutions and I bet there are several other phones within 2 years that have it also.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol