Screen Timeout Swipe?

turneja6535

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Is there any way to disable the swipe down requirement when the screen times out? I have the screen timeout set low to conserve battery but it's becoming a pain to have to swipe down every time I wake the screen up. Ideally I could just press the power button only and be at the home screen. Caveat..I still need it to lock after 15 minutes (corporate policy).

Thanks for any suggestions you might have.

shellguy05

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I hear there is an app for this in the market. I haven't looked it up yet. But I am actually interested in getting the same thing. Coming from a BB I dont mind that the phone locks, but I dont really like this second step to get the phone working again.

shellguy05

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Really? I just read a review on the market for no lock and someone said it works flawlessly with the thunderbolt.
Though the developer also had a disclaimer saying that it doesnt work with all phones.

Reactions: bdragon

shellguy05

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Widget Locker I saw is another one. I dont know how well it actually works with the TB but it actually looks like one of the better apps to use for it. I found it quite annoying that while listening to pandora in my truck I would have to turn the screen on then swipe down before I could get into control my pandora. This one looks like you can actually have something working above the lock swipe. just need to turn the screen on and then use stuff. I may give this app a shot. But I may also be exchanging my TB so I will wait a day or two before I try.

turneja6535

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I saw a couple of people say it works great for the thunderbolt but it didn't have any effect at all on my phone. Not sure if I am missing some settings or not. Also seems like the apps I have found don't work if you have a pin code set. I can't not use a pin code as the security policy was pushed by my employer.

bdragon

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
No Lock worked for me. Love the fact that I can use the volume buttons instead of the power button, to wake the phone up.

turneja6535

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback. It's only an on/off toggle right? there are no settings to adjust? Do either of you have a pin password set and it still works? I.E. you don't have to swipe to unlock after a screen timeout but the pin security still works after the security timeout. Thanks

SoDev

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback. It's only an on/off toggle right? there are no settings to adjust? Do either of you have a pin password set and it still works? I.E. you don't have to swipe to unlock after a screen timeout but the pin security still works after the security timeout. Thanks

Correct on just an on off toggle. Testing the pass time out now...

I think it's going to work... because it did on lock immediately. Let you know in 3 minutes... ahhhhh got impatient, now I need to wait again

Damn, either I'm being really impatient, or it's not working, still very useful though

Last edited:

turneja6535

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for confirming this. Anyone know of an app that will disable the swipe with a pin set? Anyone know if this is a functionality of the ROM or the Launcher?

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
If you want to try something like no lock its usually a good idea to install it, set it up, reboot the device, then see if it's working.

I have a nook color thats rooted running froyo and there are a couple apps like that where if you just install it, it wont work. If you install, configure, then reboot, it works like a dream. Worth a try anyway. Worst case scenario you lost 2 minutes of your life :)

Cheers!

SoDev

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
^ thanks, will test out the lock feature again after reboot

Edit - Lock still doesn't work, but it was worth a try!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007