Read first post then post battery results

alfieferenzo84

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Please charge your battery and before it dies do the below and post your results. I am trying to get a idea on battery life or is mine just bad before i go returning or exchanging it

Please post your results Thanks

Menu-settings-about phone-Battery

Please post your up time and your awake time.

I get about 2-4 hrs of awake time. Yeah if i leave the phone alone i can get a weeks worth of up time and i think everything is mixing it up. The awake time is what matters. Htc said 6hrs im getting half of that.

IF YOU DONT RESTART YOUR PHONE THE NUMBERS WILL NOT RESET AND THEY WILL BE WRONG.

Thanks again

Last edited:

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I will have to give you my results after charging which won't be until after 9p tonight. I didn't know this was here :) cool. I like the "What's been using my battery" and I find 79% of mine is the Display. The rest are all EXTREMELY minimal. What exactly is "wake time" ???

alfieferenzo84

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I will have to give you my results after charging which won't be until after 9p tonight. I didn't know this was here :) cool. I like the "What's been using my battery" and I find 79% of mine is the Display. The rest are all EXTREMELY minimal. What exactly is "wake time" ???

wake time is when you are using the phone.

People are saying there phones last 2 days but thats because there awake time is 1hr. lol

You should get 6hrs of awake time. I get 2-4hrs

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Mine's currently showing 4:46:26 so I guess I'm doing ok but I'm wishing I could plug it in for 24 hours and see what happens. I've only been quick charging it, prolly 6 hours charge at the most and bump charging in between if needed.

alfieferenzo84

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Oh you have to restart your phone or these numbers will not be correct... So charge your phone and reboot it and go on with the day. Before it dies write it down or post it real quick

Thanks

alfieferenzo84

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Mine's currently showing 4:46:26 so I guess I'm doing ok but I'm wishing I could plug it in for 24 hours and see what happens. I've only been quick charging it, prolly 6 hours charge at the most and bump charging in between if needed.

No because if you dont restart your phone the numbers will not reset so if you keep your phone on for a week i bet you will have 20hrs or more of awake time....

Mordecaidrake

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
I unplugged my phone at 6am this morning it's 2:04pm now, I spent 10 minutes on the charger moving a file and I'm at 60%. 70% is display the rest is under 6%. I've been doing some browsing, and I watched a 10 minute video. Looking good for me. It's doing good for me...

alfieferenzo84

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I unplugged my phone at 6am this morning it's 2:04pm now, I spent 10 minutes on the charger moving a file and I'm at 60%. 70% is display the rest is under 6%. I've been doing some browsing, and I watched a 10 minute video. Looking good for me. It's doing good for me...

Please post your awake time and % of battery. Saying what you did dont really help

alfieferenzo84

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Awake time 5hrs 43 minutes 60% battery life remaining.

Did you restart the phone after it was charged? If you dont restart the phone then the timmer keeps going up so that could be the last 5 charges worth...

I cant get more then 4hrs awake on mine doing nothing i cant belive your getting 5hrs doing things and still be at 60%

Mordecaidrake

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
Did you restart the phone after it was charged? If you dont restart the phone then the timmer keeps going up so that could be the last 5 charges worth...

I cant get more then 4hrs awake on mine doing nothing i cant belive your getting 5hrs doing things and still be at 60%

I restarted it last night before bed because I wanted to get a fresh Quadrant score.

alfieferenzo84

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I restarted it last night before bed because I wanted to get a fresh Quadrant score.

Then it sat on the charger so if you restarted at 12 and took off the charger at 6 then minus 6hrs off your awake time as the awake time runs while charging.

1hr and 30min of awake time my phone would read about 60-70 % so sounds about right

rmciver

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
under apps, clicked phone info, it says I have went 18+ hrs since last charge. I have used the TB all day today using the web, txting, phone. Also downloaded 2 pdf files. Which downloaded FAST!!!!

alfieferenzo84

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
under apps, clicked phone info, it says I have went 18+ hrs since last charge. I have used the TB all day today using the web, txting, phone. Also downloaded 2 pdf files. Which downloaded FAST!!!!

Thanks but you need to fully charge it and then unplug, restart the phone and go on with the day. If you plug the charger in or restart it again then the test will not be correct...

tarheelDan

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like you would like us to:

1. Fully charge Bolt
2. Reboot
3. Use as normal, do not charge
4. Post awake time from settings->about phone->battery when the battery is almost dead.

Gonna try this tomorrow, I'm curious.

Reactions: alfieferenzo84

SoldierofCatan

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
59%
Up Time = 5:47
Awake Time = 2:08

Display is at 76%

EDIT*
Forgot to mention that I did a battery calibration this morning. This is much better than yesterday. At this time yesterday I was all ready dead and charging it.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay