Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Read first post then post battery results

Please charge your battery and before it dies do the below and post your results. I am trying to get a idea on battery life or is mine just bad before i go returning or exchanging it

Please post your results Thanks

Menu-settings-about phone-Battery

Please post your up time and your awake time.

I get about 2-4 hrs of awake time. Yeah if i leave the phone alone i can get a weeks worth of up time and i think everything is mixing it up. The awake time is what matters. Htc said 6hrs im getting half of that.

IF YOU DONT RESTART YOUR PHONE THE NUMBERS WILL NOT RESET AND THEY WILL BE WRONG.

Thanks again
    Last edited by alfieferenzo84; 03-23-2011 at 12:58 PM.

I will have to give you my results after charging which won't be until after 9p tonight. I didn't know this was here cool. I like the "What's been using my battery" and I find 79% of mine is the Display. The rest are all EXTREMELY minimal. What exactly is "wake time" ???
    Deb
    Save a life & make your life better.
    Adopt a rescue or shelter dog.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by debsdroid View Post
    I will have to give you my results after charging which won't be until after 9p tonight. I didn't know this was here cool. I like the "What's been using my battery" and I find 79% of mine is the Display. The rest are all EXTREMELY minimal. What exactly is "wake time" ???
    wake time is when you are using the phone.

People are saying there phones last 2 days but thats because there awake time is 1hr. lol

You should get 6hrs of awake time. I get 2-4hrs

Mine's currently showing 4:46:26 so I guess I'm doing ok but I'm wishing I could plug it in for 24 hours and see what happens. I've only been quick charging it, prolly 6 hours charge at the most and bump charging in between if needed.
    Deb
    Save a life & make your life better.
    Adopt a rescue or shelter dog.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Oh you have to restart your phone or these numbers will not be correct... So charge your phone and reboot it and go on with the day. Before it dies write it down or post it real quick

Thanks
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by debsdroid View Post
    Mine's currently showing 4:46:26 so I guess I'm doing ok but I'm wishing I could plug it in for 24 hours and see what happens. I've only been quick charging it, prolly 6 hours charge at the most and bump charging in between if needed.
    No because if you dont restart your phone the numbers will not reset so if you keep your phone on for a week i bet you will have 20hrs or more of awake time....

I unplugged my phone at 6am this morning it's 2:04pm now, I spent 10 minutes on the charger moving a file and I'm at 60%. 70% is display the rest is under 6%. I've been doing some browsing, and I watched a 10 minute video. Looking good for me. It's doing good for me...
    Device history:
    Storm 1 > Tour > Droid > Droid Incredible > HTC Thunderbolt > Samsung Galaxy Nexus > Motorola Razr HD MAXX & Nexus 7
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by Mordecaidrake View Post
    I unplugged my phone at 6am this morning it's 2:04pm now, I spent 10 minutes on the charger moving a file and I'm at 60%. 70% is display the rest is under 6%. I've been doing some browsing, and I watched a 10 minute video. Looking good for me. It's doing good for me...
    Please post your awake time and % of battery. Saying what you did dont really help

Quote Originally Posted by alfieferenzo84 View Post
    Please post your awake time and % of battery. Saying what you did dont really help
    Awake time 5hrs 43 minutes 60% battery life remaining.
    Device history:
    Storm 1 > Tour > Droid > Droid Incredible > HTC Thunderbolt > Samsung Galaxy Nexus > Motorola Razr HD MAXX & Nexus 7
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Awake time 5hrs 43 minutes 60% battery life remaining.
    Did you restart the phone after it was charged? If you dont restart the phone then the timmer keeps going up so that could be the last 5 charges worth...

I cant get more then 4hrs awake on mine doing nothing i cant belive your getting 5hrs doing things and still be at 60%

Global Posts
    613 Global Posts

Awake time of 7.5 hours and am at 63%. Light to moderate use.
    fillyo
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 on CM10
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by fillyo View Post
    Awake time of 7.5 hours and am at 63%. Light to moderate use.
    You didnt restart after charge htc said only 6hrs so no way your getting 7.5 hrs

Did you restart the phone after it was charged? If you dont restart the phone then the timmer keeps going up so that could be the last 5 charges worth...

I cant get more then 4hrs awake on mine doing nothing i cant belive your getting 5hrs doing things and still be at 60%
    I restarted it last night before bed because I wanted to get a fresh Quadrant score.
    Device history:
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

I restarted it last night before bed because I wanted to get a fresh Quadrant score.
    Then it sat on the charger so if you restarted at 12 and took off the charger at 6 then minus 6hrs off your awake time as the awake time runs while charging.

1hr and 30min of awake time my phone would read about 60-70 % so sounds about right
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Once again you must charge your battery then restart or the awake time will not be correct and pointless to post.

Thanks

under apps, clicked phone info, it says I have went 18+ hrs since last charge. I have used the TB all day today using the web, txting, phone. Also downloaded 2 pdf files. Which downloaded FAST!!!!
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Quote Originally Posted by rmciver View Post
    under apps, clicked phone info, it says I have went 18+ hrs since last charge. I have used the TB all day today using the web, txting, phone. Also downloaded 2 pdf files. Which downloaded FAST!!!!
    Thanks but you need to fully charge it and then unplug, restart the phone and go on with the day. If you plug the charger in or restart it again then the test will not be correct...

Sounds like you would like us to:

1. Fully charge Bolt
    2. Reboot
    3. Use as normal, do not charge
    4. Post awake time from settings->about phone->battery when the battery is almost dead.

Gonna try this tomorrow, I'm curious.
    Thanked by:
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Quote Originally Posted by tarheelDan View Post
    Sounds like you would like us to:

1. Fully charge Bolt
    2. Reboot
    3. Use as normal, do not charge
    4. Post awake time from settings->about phone->battery when the battery is almost dead.

Gonna try this tomorrow, I'm curious.
    PERFECT

I guess i should of wrote it like that

Thanks

59%
    Up Time = 5:47
    Awake Time = 2:08

Display is at 76%

EDIT*
    Forgot to mention that I did a battery calibration this morning. This is much better than yesterday. At this time yesterday I was all ready dead and charging it.
    Last edited by TechSupportGuy; 03-23-2011 at 02:31 PM.
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Nook Color running CM7
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

Quote Originally Posted by TechSupportGuy View Post
    59%
    Up Time = 5:47
    Awake Time = 2:08

Display is at 76%

EDIT*
    Forgot to mention that I did a battery calibration this morning. This is much better than yesterday. At this time yesterday I was all ready dead and charging it.
    Interesting...

My screen is all the way down. All updates and push are off. Im on 3g only turned off 4g

Im pretty close to your awake and up time but i have about 20 more min of awake time and im at 40%

20% difference but my screen is all the way down. I know when i first got it the screen was half way and that had a major inpact on time i was getting 2hrs max...

I think i should call verizon and exchange it and try a new one, I just wanted to see what others are getting because i dont want to deal with exchaning.

wake time is when you are using the phone.

People are saying there phones last 2 days but thats because there awake time is 1hr. lol

You should get 6hrs of awake time. I get 2-4hrs
    I've got 6 hours and 29 minutes of wake time on my first charge of the Seidio 1600 battery.

7 hours and 46 mintues of up time and still 40% showing on this first charge.

No because if you dont restart your phone the numbers will not reset so if you keep your phone on for a week i bet you will have 20hrs or more of awake time....
    That is wrong. You do not have to restart/reboot your phone to reset these numbers. The numbers are from your last "unplugged." It says so right on your phone.
    Thanked by:

You didnt restart after charge htc said only 6hrs so no way your getting 7.5 hrs
    WAY. I've got 6 hours and 34 minutes so far today. I know this because I have been watching it all day. Two plus hours of that were watching a downloaded movie from Bluckbuster.... unplugged, of course.

How many times have you charged your battery? What are your settings? Do you bump charge?

Interesting...

My screen is all the way down. All updates and push are off. Im on 3g only turned off 4g

Im pretty close to your awake and up time but i have about 20 more min of awake time and im at 40%

20% difference but my screen is all the way down. I know when i first got it the screen was half way and that had a major inpact on time i was getting 2hrs max...

I think i should call verizon and exchange it and try a new one, I just wanted to see what others are getting because i dont want to deal with exchaning.
    Maybe you have a defective battery.
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast