PPTP and/or VPN Access Will Not Ready yet on Verizon 4G LTE Network

DirtMcGirt

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I rely heavily on VPN access for business purposes. Just spent 3hrs of my day getting the "General Restricted IP Block" removed from my phone so VPN would work. Low and behold, I was told strictly by a Supervisor that they are unable to remove those blocks for the 4G LTE network yet as it is not an option. He knew exactly what I was talking about and said there was "nothing they could do at this time."

So anyone wanting to use VPN with their phone, forget about it if it's a 4G phone from Verizon. Just another useless feature to add to the others like Skype. Returning the phone I think, this is bullcrap and I'm certainly not "ruling the air."

DirtMcGirt

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Having said this... does anyone know of any "known working" VPN methods so I can remote into my home machines from any location?

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Doesn't affect me. I would love to be able to use VPN on my phone, but even if it was available, the industry I work in requires the hardware to be owned by the corporation I work for to be able to VPN into the network.

jdsuowner

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I too have been on the phone with Verizon and I mentioned a user on a forum was able to get the General Restricted IP Block feature removed but they were unable to see the feature anywhere. Do you know what Feature # this ip block is? If I were to force the phone to 3g mode would the VPN work? I am trying to use the PPTP mode of VPN.

Thanks
JD

DirtMcGirt

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Jd, the feature # that was used for all the other non 4G phones is not a feature at all yet (as told to me by a Verizon tech supervisor). He did not know when it would be available either and admitted that he had the Thunderbolt and also used VPN and was unable to get it working. I resorted to using LogMeIn for now until it's available.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Jd, the feature # that was used for all the other non 4G phones is not a feature at all yet (as told to me by a Verizon tech supervisor). He did not know when it would be available either and admitted that he had the Thunderbolt and also used VPN and was unable to get it working. I resorted to using LogMeIn for now until it's available.
Is that Logmein "Ignition"?

-Frank

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084