New to Android ... Software/Hardware questions

thewatrb0y

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I received my Thunderbolt via FedEx on Monday. Absolutely great phone (coming from a Storm1 & Storm2 its a HUGE improvement), but i do have a few questions/issues...

Hardware Issue: While playing audio with headphones in, it seems like the connection isn't being made completely? When the jack gets bumped or spun slightly I lose audio in one ear... I was using WinAmp. This happened with 2 different jacks.

Software Question: I have some hidden files on my SDcard that I transferred from my computer. When I go into my gallery, all of those hidden pictures showed up. I downloaded Astro and another file explorer but none of them gave me the ability to "Hide" files. Does anyone know a program that can do this?

Thanks

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I dunno about the audio jack problem, maybe try the stock player.

As for hiding stuff on the sd card, use astro and make a file of everything you want hidden, and name it ".no_media" (without the " of course :p) and it wont read that file.

thewatrb0y

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site

As for hiding stuff on the sd card, use astro and make a file of everything you want hidden, and name it ".no_media" (without the " of course :p) and it wont read that file.

The stock media player didn't do it as bad, just one little flick of the jack. I use my phone as an MP3 player in my car so the slightest bump and it flickers the sound gets annoying. I'll have to play around with it tomorrow and see if it does it.

As for the ".no_media" it looks like it worked. I appreciate it.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site

Newbie here too. First, I assume you mean .no_media folder? Second, after you put stuff in this .no_media folder, how do you ever see it again?

-Frank

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
The stock media player didn't do it as bad, just one little flick of the jack. I use my phone as an MP3 player in my car so the slightest bump and it flickers the sound gets annoying. I'll have to play around with it tomorrow and see if it does it.

As for the ".no_media" it looks like it worked. I appreciate it.

Are you sure that you have a solid connection? I've accidentally not pushed the plug in all the way before. :p

Newbie here too. First, I assume you mean .no_media folder? Second, after you put stuff in this .no_media folder, how do you ever see it again?

-Frank

Use astro to navigate to that folder and view the files.

thewatrb0y

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Are you sure that you have a solid connection? I've accidentally not pushed the plug in all the way before. :p

Use astro to navigate to that folder and view the files.

YES! The jack was plugged all the way in!!!! :mad: lol

Placing video's / pictures in the .no_media folder, they did not appear in the gallery folder which is what I was looking for. Even tho the files are hidden, they still do appear when accessing the sdcard from Astro. I was hoping that I could hide/unhide as needed but it's better then everything being visible in the gallery like it was. 1000+ pictures, half of which I don't know why they are on there (pictures dating back to my VZW Palm 700wx, so like 05ish? lol) but I like to try and keep myself somewhat organized.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae