Netflix working on Evo but not Tbolt

samsuck

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I just saw the front page story of EVO users being able to stream netflix. Have any of you guys been able to get it work on our Tbolts? It started streaming for a split second and I got some sort of "DRM" notification. Something about a license being required :(

soccerfon711

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I didn't get any message so I installed the apk that was on XDA and it started playing for a second, then sent two DRM notifications (which has the stock Android email symbol.. Weird.

biff6789

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I would be quite peeved if we ended up not getting Netflix capability with this device.

We have the exact same processor as the new LG phone, so it wouldn't make a lot of sense for that phone to have the necessary DRM keys while our phone doesn't.

I still think we'll get it eventually (and soon), but I'm bracing for the worst

Bwangster12

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
something that got me thinking is the entire tiered data plans thing. I'd think vzw wud want to cap data before they open up the wackiness that is netflix streaming.

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
The blog has been updated and apparently the streaming feature is now disabled. I am not sure if it is disabled on all devices but it seems like it is on the majority of them.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci