1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    597 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Cell radio weaker than most phones?

So I love my phone but I have gone to a few of the places I know usually give me a small issue like certain elevators and basements and such and the T-bolt is awful in these areas compared to any other phone I have owned before. In one elevator I have always gone from full 3g to 1 or 0 bars but never really lost it on any phone however with my t-bolt it went straight to 0 bars of voice and not even 1x. It then took a good 20 second to go back to 3g after it switched to 1x . This is compared to a storm, droid 1, and blackberry bold which all held fine and never lost 3g. Anyone else notice the bolt have slightly weaker signal or worse than old devices in the same areas?

ROM
    Das BAMF 1.4

I think it does have a bit worse radio. I also believe they will probably improve it when they update it. It does seem to have some difficulty locking on to new towers. It's really bad for me when I switch airplane mode on/off. I've had to wait as long as 4 minutes to regain full connection.

Also, I have to be careful how I hold the phone when I have a low signal. If you put your hand in the middle back of the phone, you'll lose 1-2 bars of signal. If you put 2 fingers around the upper left back part of the phone (near the headphone jack) you lose quite a bit of wifi signal. It's a bit annoying, but livable. At least it doesn't completely drop from the network when I hold it the wrong way >_>

Gf's dinc always has one bar on my tb.

The bars are an arbitrary number. To see true signal strength, you need to compare dBm, or decibels, referenced to one milliwatt.
    Thanked by:
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,883 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Get mobile signal widget from the market to see real signal strength. Try to compare each phone using this app. Then you will know.

But yes, Blackberry and Motorola are known to have slightly more sensitive radios, and thus, slightly better reception.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.

The TB is better than the Fascinate I had.

Quote Originally Posted by Azturbomini View Post
    The TB is better than the Fascinate I had.
    This, along with any other samsung i've owned

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

For me TB has worked the best so far specially at work which before was hit n miss and that's coming from a Storm, Droid and Fascinate.

I really don't see any difference with my TB for me the signal is the same it was when I had my storm and Droid. All three had pretty bad signal but I was still able to do just about anything I needed except when it was cloudy then I barely have 1x

Global Posts
    341 Global Posts

My TB seems to have quite a bit better signal than my Dinc had. Of course this is only looking at the bars on the top.