Thunderbolt OR Wait??

superbleester

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I am looking to buy the thunderbolt and I am aware of the new phones coming out. My upgrade is on April 7th and I dont know if I should wait or not? Any suggestions?

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Considering this is being asked in a Thunderbolt forum, I'm gona go out on a limb and guess the overwhelming consensus will be buy the T-Bolt. With that said .... you need to consider you. Nobody can tell you what phone works best for you.

Is a keyboard important? What size screen is comfortable for you to use? Internal memory play a factor? Do you prefer 1 UI over another? These are things that are specific to you that we cant answer. What I'd suggest is to sit down and write out a few things that you feel are important in a cell phone to you. Then try to find the cell phone with the most amount of those features. Thats probably going to be the one that makes YOU happy ;)

Hope that helps.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
The TB is a great device that seems to be plagued with battery problems. If you don't mind having to recharge it every 4 to 6 hours, get it...it's fast, beautiful and performs fabulously. If the battery is an issue, wait for the Bionic. It should be faster and get through a ful day on a single charge.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I seem to be having 4G problems too. It just plain doesn't work where I work. Which sucks the battery dry. Verizon says that I'm in a 4G area but it really doesn't seem like it. It intermittently cuts in and out of 4G at one bar and will not pick up a 3g signal. I really like the TBolt but the service is so unreliable at work that it makes me want to return it for a different device. I won't go back to my dX. That thing was sluggish compared to this

TBolt meatclaws via talkatap

fullmerdvm

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I came to the TBolt from Droid X which i passed to my husband. There are definitely things I liked about the X, but again things I love about the TBolt too. Sort of a toss up for me. Was hoping the TBolt would just blow my socks off so I wouldn't have to decide whether to take it back or not, but it hasn't. It's great don't get me wrong....just not extraordinary, but then what phone is. For instance, I miss the built in editing for pics and videos on the X, i miss it alot, but then the pics taken on the TBolt are better quality. And yet if you keep waiting for the next great phone to come out you will always be waiting.... :)

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the reply I'll take that into consideration.

No prob. I figured Id share my prob with others since I'm getting really irritated with my TBolt. It's a love hate thing cuz I really like it. I won't buy another Motorola device and there aren't any other Android devices on Verizon that are worth trading the TBolt in for. I haven't even had it a week yet

superbleester

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
To be honest I have no clue,lol. But I do know it will be out in Q2 on 2011 so it could be out in April maybe May IDK, but it looks like a nice phone, but I personaly prefer the Thunderbolt.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Same here. I'm gonna try to hold out as long as possible. I have a claim ticket with Verizon support. Their engineers are supposed to look into my ordeal. Who knows what they'll do

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
depends on what you want. What is your previous device? For me, my X is still taking good care of me and the TB isn't "enough" for me to change, so I wait HAPPILY! If I had a lower end android, and could live with the TBs weaknesses (ALL phones have them) I would jump!

Last edited:

superbleester

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I have a Droid Eris the second Andoid device on Verizon. So ya the Thunderbolt looks amazing compared to the CRAPPY DROID ERIS WHICH HAS A 512MHZ PROCCESOR 312MB OF RAM AND IS REALLY LAGGY!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy