1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default TB on home wi-fi disconnects after a while

I'm using wi-fi on my Thunderbolt when at home since it's easier on the battery than 4G. My home network works pretty well - neither my PC nor my iPod Touch has connection problems unless I get far from the router.

But my Thunderbolt disconnects after a while (I haven't yet determined when). This is at any battery strength. I have looked for some settings to allow it to stay connected under any circumstances, but haven't found anything.

Are there any settings I am missing? Any way I can test or log what is happening?

I've noticed this as well and have yet to find a cure.

Go to settings, wireless & networks, wi-fi settings, press menu and choose advanced. The setting is labeled wi-fi sleep policy.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks. I remember having seen that before. It's not exactly intuitive - the advanced button should just be on the screen instead of hidden behind a menu.

Anyhow, I have the sleep policy set to never. Do you have "Best Wi-Fi performance" checked? Is the hit on the battery significant?

Maybe there are occasional blips in my wi-fi that my PC and iPod Touch gracefully recover from by reconnecting, while the Thunderbolt doesn't?
    Last edited by Mojave; 03-23-2011 at 08:26 PM.

Mine does the same thing....every morning that I wake up, I check my phone and no WiFi service even though the symbol is still on and i also have the setting on Never Sleep

Gonna try that performance setting...ill report back tomorrow

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TheBandit181 View Post
    Go to settings, wireless & networks, wi-fi settings, press menu and choose advanced. The setting is labeled wi-fi sleep policy.
    Yes, do that AND there is an app in the market called "wifi fixer" that people with this issue RAVE about. Give it a shot and let us know if it works for you in case we start experiencing the issue.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

I used to have this problem with my OGDROID and my dlink dir-655 always disconnecting after a couple of hours. I was talking to the sales guy at my local Best Buy about upgrading my router because of this and he recommended I make sure I'm running the latest OS for my router first. Anyway I have not had this problem since then I actually think my TB has been better than my Droid