Going back to my Droid Incredible

paliz

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I've given my Thunderbolt a week to condition the battery? I've turn off everything, I've increased the sync times between sync's, I've eliminated almost everything I can which draws power from this awesome phone. Yet, my battery can't make it past a half-day of standby time. My HTC Incredible never had poor battery life like this! I'm taking advantage of my 'worry free guarantee' and going back to my previous HTC phone? It's too bad as I really like this phone with exception for its poor battery life. :(

CrotchBat

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
You can't do 12 hours of stand-by? Are we talking you just putting the phone to sleep and doing nothing with it and you can't make it 12 hours? Yikes. I can do 4+ days of pure stand-by.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
You can't do 12 hours of stand-by? Are we talking you just putting the phone to sleep and doing nothing with it and you can't make it 12 hours? Yikes. I can do 4+ days of pure stand-by.

Maybe you should tell everyone what you do to get that kind of battery life.

jmsdvs

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
That's too bad, I get plenty of hard use and only get down to about 30% at the end of the day. I am rooted though.

theGman911

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
"Phone info" app I think he means.... Just makes it easier than punching in *#*#4636#*#* u still have to toggle it manually tho.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

magikspl

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Yes, turn off your 4g radio if you are in a no coverage or extended coverage zone. At my house I am in an extended zone and it KILLS my battery trying to hunt the signal. Turned to 3G only and 8 hours of standby used only 4% battery. I love it

my3chis

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I am having the same battery life as my Incredible. But...I don't have 4G in my area so I don't know if that will make a difference.

Joe378

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I don't get great battery life with the stock battery, but I get very good battery life with the extended battery.

Komodod

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Full day battery life experience here. Should re-review the great tips for saving power, check to see if you are on a 3g/4g boundary(which can hurt a lot) and at the very least go make pals with a vrz rep, that knows their ish, and talk with them about issues. Could have gotten a bunk batt or overlooked something. Majority consensus seems to be working through batt complaints.

lovy

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I've given my Thunderbolt a week to condition the battery… I've turn off everything, I've increased the sync times between sync's, I've eliminated almost everything I can which draws power from this awesome phone. Yet, my battery can't make it past a half-day of standby time. My HTC Incredible never had poor battery life like this! I'm taking advantage of my 'worry free guarantee' and going back to my previous HTC phone… It's too bad as I really like this phone with exception for its poor battery life. :(
Good Morning Paliz, I was in the exact same situation, I would go to sleep with a fully charged battery and wake up and it would be dead, I had a fit came here and the people helped me so much. A thread that helped me the most was called Juice Defender/Blockbuster I followed the steps that a person named forgetful had post and now I am getting great battery life no more full charge and then dying. Before you decide to return your phone please take a look at that thread and also OMG I Woke up thread and you will see that I went through exactly was you are going through. I even made a new thread for the people that were having problems like this which is called OMG 17 Hours and you will see the improvements that I have now. I hope this helps you and Good Luck :) and I stay on 4G all day.

dtm17

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
My office is in a 4G extended coverage area (just on the fringe). when I first got my TB, I could literally watch the percentages drop on my battery indicator. 2 hours max and I would be at 20%. I finally realized it was the constant searching for signal and going in and out of 4g, 3g. So I connected to the wifi in the office. Now, after 12 hours I am still above 50%. This is with a few texts, about 15 - 5 minute calls and about 20 minutes surfing the web and checking emails.

I also spent last weekend in an area that has solid 4g coverage and my phone was at 30% after 18 hours. Many texts, a few calls, etc...

Bottom line is that what absolutely kills the TB battery is searching and going in and out of 4g. I suggest connecting to wifi anytime it is available and turning off 4g whenever you are on the fringe of 4g coverage. Believe me you will see a HUGE difference.

BTW - this is not an issue specific to 4g or the TB. a few years ago, I had a moto-Q. I was on a project outside of Philly and that office/area had the same problem, but with 3g...my phone would be constantly searching for 3g would not make it past noon before it was DEAD.

htowngator

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
When the mod community goes full steam on this thing with low-voltage OC kernels, custom ROM's with no bloatware, and 4G toggles (easy ones, not the menu system shortcut we have now) then it'll be blazing.

Same thing happened with the EVO.

htowngator

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
My office is in a 4G extended coverage area (just on the fringe). when I first got my TB, I could literally watch the percentages drop on my battery indicator. 2 hours max and I would be at 20%. I finally realized it was the constant searching for signal and going in and out of 4g, 3g. So I connected to the wifi in the office. Now, after 12 hours I am still above 50%. This is with a few texts, about 15 - 5 minute calls and about 20 minutes surfing the web and checking emails.

I also spent last weekend in an area that has solid 4g coverage and my phone was at 30% after 18 hours. Many texts, a few calls, etc...

Bottom line is that what absolutely kills the TB battery is searching and going in and out of 4g. I suggest connecting to wifi anytime it is available and turning off 4g whenever you are on the fringe of 4g coverage. Believe me you will see a HUGE difference.

BTW - this is not an issue specific to 4g or the TB. a few years ago, I had a moto-Q. I was on a project outside of Philly and that office/area had the same problem, but with 3g...my phone would be constantly searching for 3g would not make it past noon before it was DEAD.

I'm in a strong 4G area for the most part (2+ bars everywhere if not 4) and my battery will last about 8-9 hours on average use. I think the LTE radio in general is a bit of a battery hog even if not "searching" constantly. My battery percentage use is usually around 20% for the cell radio idle which is all LTE just sitting there taking up juice. On my old Droid I think that was down around 5% or so.

itsdollar

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I've given my Thunderbolt a week to condition the battery? I've turn off everything, I've increased the sync times between sync's, I've eliminated almost everything I can which draws power from this awesome phone. Yet, my battery can't make it past a half-day of standby time. My HTC Incredible never had poor battery life like this! I'm taking advantage of my 'worry free guarantee' and going back to my previous HTC phone? It's too bad as I really like this phone with exception for its poor battery life. :(

Sometimes a bad battery can be the cause. Before you give up see if they can exchange your battery. It is a free exchange and I had to do it with a phone a couple of years back (That is if you purchased from Verizon)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781