Realist

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
htcthunderboltbattery.jpg
htcthunderboltbattery1.jpg

alfieferenzo84

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
no they just needed to take time and build it right with a 1800 or high ma battery lol

My 3 year old phone has a 1500ma but this new advance phone only has 1400 thats a no brainer...

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
no they just needed to take time and build it right with a 1800 or high ma battery lol

My 3 year old phone has a 1500ma but this new advance phone only has 1400 thats a no brainer...

Agreed but I guess the problem is they can't seem to fit those size batteries in the devices without making the device bigger or more bulky. I'm sure your 3 year old phone doesn't have nearly the number of radios and internals that today's smartphones have. There are mixed reviews about aftermarket batteries from places like Seidio who seem to be able to make a higher capacity battery the same size as stock. But when you check the reviews many people are mixed on whether they actually achieve better battery life. No different that the people here that report different experiences. The issue is that these companies need to innovate when it comes to battery technology and their OS platforms that aren't efficient.

Reactions: samuraifortruth

alfieferenzo84

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Agreed but I guess the problem is they can't seem to fit those size batteries in the devices without making the device bigger or more bulky. I'm sure your 3 year old phone doesn't have nearly the number of radios and internals that today's smartphones have. There are mixed reviews about aftermarket batteries from places like Seidio who seem to be able to make a higher capacity battery the same size as stock. But when you check the reviews many people are mixed on whether they actually achieve better battery life. No different that the people here that report different experiences. The issue is that these companies need to innovate when it comes to battery technology and their OS platforms that aren't efficient.

not to fight but my omnia 2 has a 1500ma and its smaller then the tb battery... They could of got a 2000mh in this phone no problem. But yes you do have people that want slim phone and light so maybe thats why but idk i bet people would be happier with a phone that last 2 days vs 4hrs just by adding .020 in to the back lol

rigorx

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site

Technology power efficiency evolves. All electronics manufacturers striving for faster product w/ lower power usage & charge needed.

Drootz

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
LOL at pics....

but seriously my tbolt has a better battery life than my fascinate ever did I can go a full day (12+ hours) on my tbolt. My fascinate would be down to a 1/3 life by about 3pm and ready to go on the charger......but I live in a 4g area which I think makes all the difference in the battery life for the tbolt.

Realist

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
So what does that get you, like 6 hours? lol

the trick is, you have to grind charge this... you need to plug it in for 30 minutes on tuesday, turn it off and unplug it all day on wednesdays, wait for thursday at 1am to plug it back in and turn it on, charge until the green light blinks 3 long 3 short and 3 long again... do this every tue, wed, and thurs until harvest moon... then you should be fine using this phone all day while keeping it plugged in...

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
the trick is, you have to grind charge this... you need to plug it in for 30 minutes on tuesday, turn it off and unplug it all day on wednesdays, wait for thursday at 1am to plug it back in and turn it on, charge until the green light blinks 3 long 3 short and 3 long again... do this every tue, wed, and thurs until harvest moon... then you should be fine using this phone all day while keeping it plugged in...

I heard that if you put it on the floor, surrounded by 13 candles, and dance around it chanting in latin backwards, you can squeeze a few extra hours out of it. Blood of a goat may or may not be required.

phoenixone

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
After my battery charged to full, I shut the phone down and removed the battery. 6 days later, I put the battery back in and booted the phone. Guess what? The battery was still full! I felt so stupid that I didn't think of this before.

Realist

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
After my battery charged to full, I shut the phone down and removed the battery. 6 days later, I put the battery back in and booted the phone. Guess what? The battery was still full! I felt so stupid that I didn't think of this before.

you can now advertise that this phone will last at least 6 days on a full charge! i'm surprised verizon hasn't jumped on this yet...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000