Ack! 7 home screens :(

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Well, I dunno what I did but suddenly I have 7 home screens. Three actually have icons on them and the other 4 are blank. I *know* there's a setting for how many home screens but I'll be dipped if I can find that setting now and I've been looking and looking and looking and ....

I had Launcher Pro installed and uninstalled that so that I could use the Calendar Event Reminder. I had then the HTC Home and the Calendar Event Reminder home. It was after I uninstalled the Launcher Pro and switched over to the Calendar Event Reminder that I noticed the additional screens - but I don't know how long they'd been there.

I *think* I maybe have to un-do the Calendar Reminder to find the number of screens setting but the only way I think I can do this is to:

Settings > Applications > Manage Applications and then go to the Calendar Reminder app and click on Clear Defaults but then I'm afraid everything I put into the Calendar Event Reminder will go bye-bye :(

I'm thinking if I do the above, I will have the HTC back which I'm hoping then I can find the How Many Screens setting, remove the ones I don't want then then go back and turn on the Calendar Event Reminder - but don't want to find all my stuff gone. The instructions say I have to use the Calendar Event Reminder Home Screen setting in order for this app to work properly so that's why I set it to the default.

I paid for the Calendar Event Reminder because it's close to doing what I need it to do, but not quite there. Contacting the app-maker it seems they are planning to do what I had asked for so I'm hoping that will happen.

I'm soooooo tired of starting over with app finding, installing, finding I don't like it or it doesn't suit my needs, uninstalling. I really need to get my actual calendar data in but I've yet to find a calendar that does what I need it to do. I think I've tried about 6 of them so far.

Anyway, I don't need 7 screens, just the 3 of them that have icons on them. Long push on them doesn't bring up the Remove on the lower right either.

Mordecaidrake

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
If you're using the HTC Launcher(Sense) you'll always have 7 homescreens. For some reason HTC doesn't let you knock them down. As long as they're blank you shouldn't have any system performance issues.

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
If you're using the HTC Launcher(Sense) you'll always have 7 homescreens. For some reason HTC doesn't let you knock them down. As long as they're blank you shouldn't have any system performance issues.

I was going to say, mine came with 7 home screens as the default. When I read the opening post I was thinking to myself "You can eliminate screens? Why didn't I know about this?"

miss chris

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Yep, they have always been there. But, you do not have to use all of them. You can access all of them easily though by moving your thumb and forefinger together in a pinching motion on the homescreen. Kinda cool if you ask me!

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Could have sworn there were only 3 originally. Ok, well thank you. I *know* there is a setting in there to select how many screens. Now I'm thinking it's in Launcher Pro.

Mordecaidrake

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
Could have sworn there were only 3 originally. Ok, well thank you. I *know* there is a setting in there to select how many screens. Now I'm thinking it's in Launcher Pro.

Ya, it's in Launcher Pro. You hit menu then Edit and I'll will pop up with a preview of all your screens and you can pick and choose which you don't want as well as set the homescreen.

Reactions: ShaggyKids

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Ya, it's in Launcher Pro. You hit menu then Edit and I'll will pop up with a preview of all your screens and you can pick and choose which you don't want as well as set the homescreen.

I really liked Launcher Pro but I neeeed the calendar app (its as close as I can come to what I do need w/o being spot-on) and so I had to choose and Launcher Pro had to go :( Well, at least I can stop looking for the # of screens option so that's something good :)

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Is there any way to add more than seven, not using Launcher Pro or anything.

I don't fill 3, don't know what I'd do with 7 so thought I'd dump them. But as long as there's no performance loss it's going to have to be ok. Love your screen name by the way.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
As everyone else said... normal.

I find them useful to use as extended menus. Just put a few more apps that you often use on the adjacent page and it is very easy just to swipe to the other screen and start the app. Rather than going to the phone's Menu, then apps, then scrolling (potentially) and then starting it.

-Frank