Verizon 4G just kicked in, Tallahassee Fl

OptimusNotPrime

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Ok, sorry I didn't mean to change the subject but since I had Be5n's ear I thought I would ask. Back on subject:

I can't wait for Columbia to get 4G but I worry my battery saving tweeks won't work once LTE gets here.

I was in Covina,Ca the other day and had great 4g LTE signal. was getting about 10 down and 25 up. Was using my phone a lot and did not notice the battery dieing much maybe i scored on a good thunderbolt?? don't think so. Was constantly on twitter, Google Reader, Facebook, The web and was doing great. Hope we get 4g LTE in Rancho Cucamonga,CA soon love the speeds will not have to use my wifi so much. :p

dbdynsty25

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I absolutely HATE being on the fringe. I'm literally 10 miles from the edge of Los Angeles and the market's coverage...no way they just expand LA's coverage to where I'm at for a long time. They are going to Santa Barbara by the end of the year and I'm smack dab in the middle of the two cities. Sucks for me I guess.

XoomBolt

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
It hasn't been back since that day... Pretty blowed... Hopefully they switch it on for good soon... I'll let you know when that happens.

Also from Tally, I connected that day too, but nothing since then.

According to whatever app I was using it showed I was pulling 8Mbs/34Mbs. It was incredibly fast, for the brief time I was connected. I was downtown and a few floors up, so that probably helped.

pnicho

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Know anything about Augusta Georgia? Seems like they would want to turn it up here soon since we have the Masters in town in a couple of weeks.

That'd be freaking sweet if they turned it on by Masters. I don't see us getting it until later this year though.

JManangan

Jan 28, 2011
www.johnmanangan.com
I was in Covina,Ca the other day and had great 4g LTE signal. was getting about 10 down and 25 up. Was using my phone a lot and did not notice the battery dieing much maybe i scored on a good thunderbolt?? don't think so. Was constantly on twitter, Google Reader, Facebook, The web and was doing great. Hope we get 4g LTE in Rancho Cucamonga,CA soon love the speeds will not have to use my wifi so much. :p

When you get it in Rancho, I'll be hopeful for Ontario! As of right now the 4gLTE fringe area ends in my area at the 60fwy and around the Ramona/Garey exits!

Notrega

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I have been in in the outskirts of Indianapolis and this is pretty consistent.

utf-8BNDMzNjc5MTkucG5n.png

Sent from Thunderbolt via Tapatalk...

Kimmy71

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I was in Fort Myers, FL today and was in and out of 4G. I got so excited when it popped on my screen because I got to experience 4G up in Orlando last weekend and it was awesome! Hope it will be up and running in West Fl soon.

dajogejr

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
I have been in in the outskirts of Indianapolis and this is pretty consistent.

utf-8BNDMzNjc5MTkucG5n.png

Sent from Thunderbolt via Tapatalk...

On your browser, go into settings and disable mobile view.
Remove the speedtest app.

Go to speedtest.net and test again.

While that download speed could be right, no way the upload is legit.
There is a known bug in the speedtest app, it does not report LTE speeds properly.

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I was in Fort Myers, FL today and was in and out of 4G. I got so excited when it popped on my screen because I got to experience 4G up in Orlando last weekend and it was awesome! Hope it will be up and running in West Fl soon.

I used 4G at MCO, love it! So 4G is north in Tampa and South in Fort Myers. I have to be next on the coast!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae