1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Advice please

I'm considering the TB but I need some sound advice. I have an AMOLED Dinc purchased on release day last year. It is rooted and I have enjoyed the various roms. I live in an area where LTE is live. I am not due for an upgrade until Nov at the soonest so I would have to buy the TB unsubsidized and sell my Dinc to offset some of the cost. Do you think this is worth it? Thanks.

Global Posts
    614 Global Posts

absolutely! TB is awesome!

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts

lets say you won't be disappointed? lol well maybe a little...for me it was the speaker. LOL -_-

Global Posts
    614 Global Posts

so far for me it is just the no audio on camcorder

Quote Originally Posted by cusco View Post
    lets say you won't be disappointed? lol well maybe a little...for me it was the speaker. LOL -_-
    Cusco. What you mean it WAS the speaker? I dislike the speaker too did u find a fix?

Quote Originally Posted by zog1977 View Post
    so far for me it is just the no audio on camcorder

I have audio on my camcorder/ video recorder.

Global Posts
    614 Global Posts

not me and A TON OF PEOPLE

MAKE A VID A POST IT ON YOUTUBE

I WOULD BE INTERESTED TO SEE AND HEAR

You have a very good phone. I know I had one. I like the screen size of the TB but not as nice as the AMOLED on your dinc. Personally I would hold off if I had to come out of pocket $500 or more. By the time your contract is up there will be better phones out too. The negative to waiting is you may lose out on unlimited 4g though if you wait? Tough choice man. Good luck.

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gerardv514 View Post
    Cusco. What you mean it WAS the speaker? I dislike the speaker too did u find a fix?
    oops sorry. bad grammar. lol no fix and i went to the Verizon store to check others as-well, and it seem that mine sounds a little better then the display models.

Global Posts
    1,377 Global Posts
    ROM
    Always changing

To be honest the main reason I didnt hold off for another phone was because I might lose out on unlimited 4G

I was coming from the droid x and am very happy I upgraded, as much as I liked the x I REALLY like the TB

after reading about the camcorder not having volume I had to go test mine (have not used it yet) and I am happy to say I do have sound with mine

what is the problem with the speaker? coming from an X this speaker is great!!!
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Global Posts
    614 Global Posts

maybe i should go exchange mine

My sound works fine fine recording and playback.

Quote Originally Posted by dubge View Post
    To be honest the main reason I didnt hold off for another phone was because I might lose out on unlimited 4G

I was coming from the droid x and am very happy I upgraded, as much as I liked the x I REALLY like the TB

after reading about the camcorder not having volume I had to go test mine (have not used it yet) and I am happy to say I do have sound with mine

what is the problem with the speaker? coming from an X this speaker is great!!!
    Speaker just sounds soft. Its not really the loudest. And the sound of it is kind of like a trebly sound theres no bass to it. Sounds like talking into a paper towel cardboard roll.

Default speaker..

My speaker works and sounds amazing. And coming from the MOTO Droid 2 this is like getting a bose system.
    Samuraifortruth.wordpress.com

Global Posts
    319 Global Posts

I agonized over going from my DINC (had it since release) and getting the TB. I had a NE2 and corporate deal so it only cost me $100. Had my son not begged me for the DINC could have easily sold it for $150-$200. VZW will give you $100 in trade if you don't want hassle with auctions. I was really thinking about playing with it for a week or so and then doing the return since I really was very happy with the DINC. Suffice it to say after experiencing the speed and smoothness of the TB, what I think is much improved phone call quality and improved speaker phone due to a much improved external speaker my son now has the DINC. I thought the size of the TB was going to bother me but the DINC which felt perfect in my hand before now feels, well, small.

If money was not an issue I would not think twice about the upgrade, however I still think the DINC is a wonderful device and would not spend more than the NE2 price if I had an upgrade coming in the next several months.
    -----------------------------------------------
    The brightest Thunder-Bolt is elicited from the darkest Storm. Charles Caleb Colton ...

Quote Originally Posted by BallCoach View Post
    I agonized over going from my DINC (had it since release) and getting the TB. I had a NE2 and corporate deal so it only cost me $100. Had my son not begged me for the DINC could have easily sold it for $150-$200. VZW will give you $100 in trade if you don't want hassle with auctions. I was really thinking about playing with it for a week or so and then doing the return since I really was very happy with the DINC. Suffice it to say after experiencing the speed and smoothness of the TB, what I think is much improved phone call quality and improved speaker phone due to a much improved external speaker my son now has the DINC. I thought the size of the TB was going to bother me but the DINC which felt perfect in my hand before now feels, well, small.

If money was not an issue I would not think twice about the upgrade, however I still think the DINC is a wonderful device and would not spend more than the NE2 price if I had an upgrade coming in the next several months.
    Well said. I too could have sold my phone (Fascinate) but I broke down and had my sons number ported to it after activating my TB. He had an Eris so he is in heaven.