- 16 Posts
I'm considering the TB but I need some sound advice. I have an AMOLED Dinc purchased on release day last year. It is rooted and I have enjoyed the various roms. I live in an area where LTE is live. I am not due for an upgrade until Nov at the soonest so I would have to buy the TB unsubsidized and sell my Dinc to offset some of the cost. Do you think this is worth it? Thanks.
- 03-24-2011, 09:06 PM #2
- 03-24-2011, 09:11 PM #3
- 03-24-2011, 09:29 PM #4
- 03-24-2011, 09:37 PM #5
- 03-24-2011, 09:41 PM #6
- 03-24-2011, 09:43 PM #7
- 03-24-2011, 09:52 PM #8
You have a very good phone. I know I had one. I like the screen size of the TB but not as nice as the AMOLED on your dinc. Personally I would hold off if I had to come out of pocket $500 or more. By the time your contract is up there will be better phones out too. The negative to waiting is you may lose out on unlimited 4g though if you wait? Tough choice man. Good luck.
- 03-24-2011, 09:56 PM #9
- 03-24-2011, 10:01 PM #10
To be honest the main reason I didnt hold off for another phone was because I might lose out on unlimited 4G
I was coming from the droid x and am very happy I upgraded, as much as I liked the x I REALLY like the TB
after reading about the camcorder not having volume I had to go test mine (have not used it yet) and I am happy to say I do have sound with mine
what is the problem with the speaker? coming from an X this speaker is great!!!
- 03-24-2011, 10:04 PM #11
- 03-24-2011, 10:16 PM #12
- 03-25-2011, 04:27 PM #13
- 03-25-2011, 04:41 PM #14
- 03-25-2011, 05:32 PM #15
I agonized over going from my DINC (had it since release) and getting the TB. I had a NE2 and corporate deal so it only cost me $100. Had my son not begged me for the DINC could have easily sold it for $150-$200. VZW will give you $100 in trade if you don't want hassle with auctions. I was really thinking about playing with it for a week or so and then doing the return since I really was very happy with the DINC. Suffice it to say after experiencing the speed and smoothness of the TB, what I think is much improved phone call quality and improved speaker phone due to a much improved external speaker my son now has the DINC. I thought the size of the TB was going to bother me but the DINC which felt perfect in my hand before now feels, well, small.
If money was not an issue I would not think twice about the upgrade, however I still think the DINC is a wonderful device and would not spend more than the NE2 price if I had an upgrade coming in the next several months.
- 03-25-2011, 05:45 PM #16