Anyone Pay for Visual Voicemail?

bigpetefox

A delicious bass...
Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
I use Google Voice and You Mail.. GV has a separate number, and You Mail answers my main number. If only GV did MMS I'd use it alot more.. ;-)

lovy

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Agreed. Just using it for voicemail will give no problems or any changes. I'm not sure what could happen when getting a GV number and what it does to your info. But as long as you just register your number, you should be good. I've been using it since it was in beta and you only could use it with an invite from someone who already had it with no problems.
ahh tyy :)

lovy

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I use Google Voice and You Mail.. GV has a separate number, and You Mail answers my main number. If only GV did MMS I'd use it alot more.. ;-)
Yea I just need it for voice mail hate having to go back to the old fashioned way of checking messages because I never will lol.

lovy

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Ok have another question I am at the part where it says Unfortunately your network carrier is currently not supported for automatic voicemail configuration. To use Google Voice as your voicemail provider please visit help center but then it has at the bottom configure am I to press that? Sorry I will soon get the hang of things.

xsliver

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
just go to google.com/voice, add your cell phone and enable for voicemail. It will walk you through how to manually enable it once you did the phone side.

Reactions: lovy

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I have VVM and two phones on the account. Hubby's phone is a basic flip phone and that's ALL he wants, period. It suits him just fine. I'm afraid if I take VVM off he won't have anything that does the Caller ID thing. Right? Wrong? He doesn't have a G account either, doesn't need or want one so would this GV work? for him as well? Oh, he's got his phone set to audibly announce callers, too and he likes that so I'd need to work that way as well.

acmorris

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Deb he could use Google Voice Lite, but I want to say it requires a Gmail account, and don't hold me to that just yet. I have to find a link that will explain it more in detail or just go straight to google.com/voice as others have suggested and will provide as much needed info as it can?

Reactions: ShaggyKids

pfiz113

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
this is great, i had the same message, "carrier not supported", but that was linked to my OLD ATT account, switched it over to VZW and it works great. bye bye visual voicemail.