Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    1,471 Global Posts
    Carrier
    CM 10 KANG

Default Huge battery drop on reboot

My phone will drop 8-10% on reboots for no apparent reason. I can't explain why except that the battery program on this phone is incorrectly guessing the percentage.

For example, I just did a reboot and it went from 84% to 75% with the 40 seconds it took to do a full reboot. Why on earth is that happening? Do I need to contact Verizon and request a new phone or battery? That's just crazy.

Mine does the exact same thing. I wonder if the boot up process is just very processor/system intensive and gobbles up more current than "normal" operation.

or is there a big defect... if you just keep rebooting it your phone will be dead in 30-45min lol
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    1,471 Global Posts
    Carrier
    CM 10 KANG

Quote Originally Posted by thedeceiver View Post
    Mine does the exact same thing. I wonder if the boot up process is just very processor/system intensive and gobbles up more current than "normal" operation.
    Still, 10%? wow, that's insane for a reboot that short

I think it's definitely something to mention to Verizon.

The battery gauges on these devices aren't necessarily 100% accurate all of the time. What you end up with after reboot is probably close to the actual amount you should've had.

Hmm, actually got my phone yesterday and lost about 10% when I did a reboot too. Figured it was cause the phone was new and still adjusting to the battery.

If it keeps happening I'll bring it up.

Quote Originally Posted by htowngtr View Post
    Still, 10%? wow, that's insane for a reboot that short

I think it's definitely something to mention to Verizon.
    Try it 10 times and see if your phone dies.

I mean, I'm not defending it, but my iPod Touch would lose a nice chunk of battery life after reboots also. It is a fairly battery intensive process. That being said, I don't remember if it was 10% of the battery, but it did happen.

Global Posts
    2,525 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock ICS

A reboot is a very battery draining processes. It resets all lot of things ranging from device settings, internal processes, notifications, any old email/text or other messeges, maps your ad card, reload any functiong widget, gps and other things

Sent by my droid
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Global Posts
    1,471 Global Posts
    Carrier
    CM 10 KANG

Quote Originally Posted by Ronindan View Post
    A reboot is a very battery draining processes. It resets all lot of things ranging from device settings, internal processes, notifications, any old email/text or other messeges, maps your ad card, reload any functiong widget, gps and other things

Sent by my droid
    I could reboot my old droid all day and never have it lose almost 10% each time.

Global Posts
    2,525 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock ICS

A 10% battery does not unusual. That is why I tell my friends that when they attempt flashing a any rom to have a fully charged battery.

Sent by my droid

Quote Originally Posted by PJnc284 View Post
    The battery gauges on these devices aren't necessarily 100% accurate all of the time. What you end up with after reboot is probably close to the actual amount you should've had.
    This could have a lot of merit. I've noticed that when my battery gets into the 20% range it drops RAPIDLY to zero. The drop from 40 to 20% takes significantly longer than 20 to 0. Maybe it's a combination of both?

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts

Reboot before you charge it. It's displaying it wrong. Ive been gettin 13 hours of heavy use out of my standard battery by doing this.