1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default First full day with Thunderbolt.. battery is better than my OG Droid!

Got my Thunderbolt yesterday. Charged it overnight.. had a full charge this morning when I unplugged it at 7.

It is now about noon, and it's at 80%.

A 20% drop in 5 hours is unheard of for me.. my old Droid was usually around 30-50% in the same time span.

And I've been texting and on facebook all day, with a few phone calls in between.

I have the brightness turned down to about 20%, have turned off all unnecessary app updates running in the background, not running any widgets except the Flip Clock, and only toggle back to 4G when using the internet or downloading something.

Seems like pretty common sense battery conservation stuff to me, but it's been doing me wonders.

Awesome that you're getting such great battery life. Are you in a 3G or 4G area?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Brunett View Post
    Awesome that you're getting such great battery life. Are you in a 3G or 4G area?
    4G.

But I use that Phone Info app to toggle back to 3G if I'm not using the internet or downloading something, since the 4G is a battery drain.. I'm fine with using 3G if I'm just calling, texting or facebooking.

Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    ROM
    VZ ICS Leak - 4.03.605.2

Just curious - what are the up and awake times? Also, does the up time match the "since unplugged" time listed in the battery use stats?

I'm getting about 6 hours of awake time; usually close to 60% by noon, but only because I can't put this phone down. Absolutely love it - incredible engineering here.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Not sure if my up and awake times will be relevant, because I haven't turned my phone off since I bump charged it yesterday afternoon. I use my phone as an alarm in the morning, so it's been on throughout the night.

I'll try to do a proper test of that tomorrow and get back to you.

There was probably something wrong with your OG droid and/or its battery.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by krazy View Post
    There was probably something wrong with your OG droid and/or its battery.
    It's possible. But it never really bothered me, because I was always near a charger and it never fully died on me or anything until I was already home.

Either way, this feels like an upgrade for me so far.. so I'm not complaining about the battery life at all!

Global Posts
    135 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KSChris View Post
    4G.

But I use that Phone Info app to toggle back to 3G if I'm not using the internet or downloading something, since the 4G is a battery drain.. I'm fine with using 3G if I'm just calling, texting or facebooking.

What phone info app??
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by schartzr View Post
    What phone info app??
    Just search Phone Info in the market.

It's an app that just quickly directs you to the Phone Information thing on your phone. It lets you toggle between CDMA and LTE.

It's the only way to toggle between 3G and 4G right now, but it works.