Thunderbolt Text Lag While charging? and opening different messages?

TeckSupport05

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm loving my TB, no doubt about it. So far for me, AMAZING Battery life (in 3G zone) but I have noticed a few things. One for me, When its charging, and I text someone, it does lag up to the point where it doesnt recognize me pressing a few letters. Sometimes it also freezes up with downloads.

Other than that, what I've also noticed (even with my dINC) sometimes, when I click on a message thread in my texts, it opens someone elses completely. Anyone else having some issues similar?

I can't do a warranty swap, since I do not have a warranty on the phone.
Thanks!

psycho_maniac

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm loving my TB, no doubt about it. So far for me, AMAZING Battery life (in 3G zone) but I have noticed a few things. One for me, When its charging, and I text someone, it does lag up to the point where it doesnt recognize me pressing a few letters. Sometimes it also freezes up with downloads.

Other than that, what I've also noticed (even with my dINC) sometimes, when I click on a message thread in my texts, it opens someone elses completely. Anyone else having some issues similar?

Thanks!

Dont do a warranty swap when its a software issue. The "lag" is because of sense. I use a different keyboard and I have the same issue. The "texting the wrong person" is an Android issue. When gingerbread comes out it will be fixed.

lornaevo

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I know the issue you're referring to. I think it has something to do with no grounding properly because it happens on the evo also.

dkoss

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
what do you mean no grounding properly? I'm using a blackberry charger (longer wire) could that be the reason?

That could be a cause, but from my understanding it happens with the regular chargers as well. It's a known HTC flaw.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I only get this when I have mine plugged into my laptop, I cant reproduce it any other time. My work computer doesnt have this effect nor do any of my other chargers including one from an old BB storm. The good news for me is that my laptop had the same effect on my Incredible, so to me it was normal.

wctaylor79

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
Had same issue with stock charger. Got Verizon to replace and all is well. Seems charger was bad. But also power outlet I was using wasn't putting out right amount for phone. If only happens when charging from CPU try same charger to the wall and see if it still does it. If fixed to the wall then CPU is not giving right power to the phone causing the issue. Imo

lovy

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site

Thanks!
Hi Justin I had also made a thread about lagging while on the charger, I could barely go from one home screen to the next but noticed as soon as I took it off the charger things were back to normal, and btw I am using the charger that came with the phone, I just considered it an HTC flaw. Other than that also loving the phone. TB FTW!

Moe#AC

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Same here. Serious lagging while charging. Using the original HTC charger. I doubt that the charger is bad. As soon as I remove the charger, works fine. Odd though.

Bailarge

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I get lagging if it's charging too... I notice it only happens if it's not connected properly and keeps slipping into and out of the charge. That or if it's not plugged in well in the wall.

saraheba

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
IME, just because the charger fits doesn't mean it works properly. I had major issues with my continuum anytime it was on charge, but definitely worse when using a non samsung brand. With the TB, I've encountered slight issues with non HTC branded chargers. Very few problems with OEM charger.