Can't receive incoming mail but could send out.

sfrhack

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I got my TB a few days ago and still trying to figure this phone out. I came from a BB and the email set up was easy. The problem I'm having is that I set up my work email which is Outlook on the mail app which work but I can only sent email but can not receive. Does anyone know how to fix this problem. I tried searching but could not find anything. Any help would be great. TIA.

Hen.

realitydigg

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I got my TB a few days ago and still trying to figure this phone out. I came from a BB and the email set up was easy. The problem I'm having is that I set up my work email which is Outlook on the mail app which work but I can only sent email but can not receive. Does anyone know how to fix this problem. I tried searching but could not find anything. Any help would be great. TIA.

Hen.

So outlook is a client which can talk to several diff kinds of servers, your server is exchange maybe? You could be IMAP or POP ? sounds like you have a setting wrong. Try deleting and resetting the account up, make sure you have the right setting for ports or ssl if your business requires it.

Reactions: sfrhack

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure I'm following what you have done or have setup, but are you using the exchange email on the TB? That would sync with your corporate exchange server, not Outlook. I can send an email to my work address using all 3 of the email accounts I have on the TB, but I cannot download my work email unless I have an account setup by corporate. This starts on page 176 of the TB manual.

Last edited:

sfrhack

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
This is what I have done.

-open mail app
-tap other (pop3/imap)
-enter email and password
-tap next
-now i'm in incoming setting - all info is filled in - tap next - now in outgoing server setting - all info filled in - tap next - now in email account - tap finish setup.

Email is all set up but I can only send email but cannot receive. Dont really know what to do now.

jas o

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Sound like something in the incoming mail server is entered incorrectly. Double check the incoming setting on a computer with working emal.

jas o

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Are you using HTC mail?? Maybe try K9 or Maildroid from the market. They are both great apps. I just had a problem setting up my wifes exchange account on my old Dinc and HTC mail just didn't like her server. I switched to K9 and set right up?? same info no idea why. Same settings just worked???

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
This is what I have done.

-open mail app
-tap other (pop3/imap)
-enter email and password
-tap next
-now i'm in incoming setting - all info is filled in - tap next - now in outgoing server setting - all info filled in - tap next - now in email account - tap finish setup.

Email is all set up but I can only send email but cannot receive. Dont really know what to do now.
Are you pop or imap? Are you sure you are not MS Exchange/Activesync? Does your server require using SSL? What ports does your server require?

-Frank

Last edited:

ddsdavid

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site

Hen.

sfrhach,

Read this link. I think it will help you.http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-thunderbolt/70217-pushing-pop-3-email.html

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
not using Outlook email--but would this matter:

is your Sync actually enabled?
ya know, that Power widget that you can place on the home screen with the option to enable/disable Sync ? mine frequently disables itself. i can send, but i never receive unless i manually Refresh my folder.

could that be an issue with Outlook--or is that Gmail only?

sfrhack

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
not using Outlook email--but would this matter:

is your Sync actually enabled?
ya know, that Power widget that you can place on the home screen with the option to enable/disable Sync ? mine frequently disables itself. i can send, but i never receive unless i manually Refresh my folder.

could that be an issue with Outlook--or is that Gmail only?

My Sync is on. Dont really know what the problem is...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty