Using K-9 instead of Sense email

realitydigg

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I was having some issues with Sense email - I liked the UI, but I was getting email on my device that was not bolded (marked as read) that i had not opened, and also sometimes did not get notification. So I switched to K-9. Anyone else make this switch? so far so good, I have new quirks, but notifications seem to be coming through, and there is a lot of customization in this app.

Two IMAP accounts and Hotmail. So far I have left Gmail alone

realitydigg

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
So far so good though I notice a delay before it is responsive when i open it, and I think it is telling me i have 2 emails when i have one

samuraifortruth

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I got the k9 mail app honestly cause I love Dr who lol (k9 rocks on Dr who) and I like trying out new apps and as it turns out I really like the app. I didn't even know what it was when I downloaded it. Needless to say I'm sticking with it. Great app :)
Ronin

realitydigg

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else see the delay on open. it is as if it loads my primary account then the others then shuffles all the emails together to give me the unified inbox. Just trying to figure out if i have a setting wrong someplace or if this is normal behaviour.

EDIT - I think I have this figured out. My hotmail acct is pop3, and I don't believe K-9 saves pop3 data on your phone, so evidently it fetches it every time which means it then has to fold it in to the universal inbox.

Also found that theyare having some issues with exchange 2010 since Microsoft have dropped WebDav, not an issue for me, but might be for others.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol