• Yes, ADW

12 7.27%
  • Yes, Other

8 4.85%
  • No, Lovin' Me Some Sense

109 66.06%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Sense UI or Custom Launcher? (POLL)

Was just curious if you guys were sticking to Sense or going custom like LauncherPro or ADW or something. Thanks!
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,356 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

I change it up between ADW and Sense, I tend to get bored very easily.

Check because the poll didn't show up.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

how bout now? Thx for the heads up. BTW im enjoying Sense right now coming from Motorola. Would hate to get rid of the clock widget.... I know about beautiful Widgets and the others, but theres just something to say about native intergration. Just seems to work much better.

I also dont like that you can not import anything Sense into Launcher Pro or any other launcher, and you lose all that goodness

ROM
    stock

Stock is fine with me. Happy with the UI, so I'm not going to change just for the sake of changing it.

Had Launcher pro on my Dinc and now enjoying sense .... Lots of new stuff widgets and features.

New sense rocks.

I'm sure I will mix things up at some point, once I get bored with it, but Sense is the best launcher around.

Loving the new sense. May load LPP again some day but very happy right now with the sense.

Sense for now. I like LP and will probably move to that full-time at some point but I'm liking the way Sense is integrated into the phone.
    Smartphones:Palm Centro>Curve 8330>Storm 9530>Storm 9550>Bold 9650>HTC Thunderbolt>Galaxy Nexus>Galaxy Note II Rooted * HP TouchPad
    AndroidSkull

Global Posts
    3,596 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vitreous,JellyBelly,OEM

I'm a LPP fan as well but I really like sense UI. Im gonna stick with it. Clock/weather widget is awesome. Beautiful widgets just doesn't measure up to it.
    I used beautiful widgets on my X cuz its the closest I could get to the sense weather widget...and MOTO blur sucks so I used LPP

TBolt meatclaws via talkatap
    ***GET IN WHERE YOU FIT IN***
    Snitches get stitches
    Boneyard-D1,Dinc,dX,Gtab7",Tbolt,iPad1,Bionic,Xoom,iPad2,Charge,GNexus,SGS3,Razr Maxx,Nexus7...the list shall continue
    Living Dead-iPad3,GalaxyNexus,Razr MaxxHD

ROM
    DasBamf 2.0b5

LauncherPro for right now. I gave Sense a week, but I couldn't get used to the app drawer being on the bottom-left. Plus, I like having an icon dock at the bottom along with the app drawer.

I did like the location of the personalization button in Sense... Encouraged me to keep my setup fresh.

I basically had sense on my OGDROID with beautiful widgets and LP and the only reason I went with LP on my TB was because of the customizable doc on LP. I gotta have my four most used icons, sense was one of my biggest reasons in getting the TB but I ended up with LP. A little ironic you could say

ROM
    BAMF Forever

Sense > All, for me.

Sense for me. It works quite well for my needs.
    Geek Freak

Global Posts
    501 Global Posts

I like Sense 2.0 a lot, but I like the customization LP offers for weather/clock and scrollable widgets..

sense not worth the battery and there's better widgets. don't need huge clock got better stuff to do with the screen real estate.

I went with LP just because it saved my battery juice. And so far it seems to be working. I can go a whole day without charging as long as I stay away from those starcraft 2 replays on youtube! But I just didn't have enough stuff to fill 7 screens with sense. Now I am on 3 screens with LP and experiencing improved battery life.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Good point people. Never though of juice savings with a launcher.... Will some sense stuff still run in the background?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

I use sense, mainly because I didn't know there was an alternative.

Go Launcher has made Launcher Pro obsolete at this point.

Global Posts
    1,562 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I love my sense for it's uniformity with high quality but love my adw for the customization and the ability to be unique. Only wish I could have mix of both. I been on sense little over two weeks but for few days know been plugging away on adw to make it mine!
    Google is for the people and by the people. Android is for the people and by the tech people. Nexus is for the geeks and by the geeks.
    Solve
    [Nexus (A) + the latest and greatest tech] < [Nexus (B) + the best proven and optimize tech]
    Answer
    Nexus (A) is less than Nexus (B)
    Nexus (B) is greater than Nexus (A)
    ______

Also, SPB Shell is kinda cool, but I suspect the novelty will wear off fast, and for 15 bucks it probably isn't worth it. The app drawer is awesome though.

Perhaps I'm in the minority opinion, but I don't like Launcher Pro or the other custom launchers over Sense. With this ridiculous battery life I have, I was going to try LPP or ADW to see I can return the TB & get a Bionic. I don't care for motoblur either, but Sense won out for me. I like the skins, too, because you can potentially have about 35 different screens of stuff. I was a theme fan with the Blackberry, so I'm used to a busy screen & different looks.

ROM
    TB: Das BAMF 1.8

I'm on LauncherPro myself. I like dock at the bottom. About the only thing I miss about Sense is the clock widget (visually). I do like some of the neat things Sense does like turning off the ringer when you put the phone down.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt

Global Posts
    4,847 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

Sense works, especially since I found links to the great skin work that has been done that really changes things up. Still I do switch between stock launcher and ADW's latest one.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast