Factory Reset *sigh*

lovy

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Good Morning Everyone,

Yesterday later in the evening I noticed my speakers were not working at all, I said to myself what more could go wrong, I decided to reboot the phone, that still didn't work, I pulled the battery and that didn't work, after that I caved in and called tech support, they asked me to do those steps all over again, I even went into settings and did what they asked, after all of this they said I had no choice but to do a factory reset, did that and now speakers are louder than ever, but now my battery drains all over again I didn't update the Blockbuster app and set my phone up the exact same way. Is it that after a factory reset the battery has to be conditioned all over again? if so I have no problem with that, just wanted to know if factory reset is like bringing the phone home for the first time. Thank you all in advance.

samuraifortruth

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I think..

Hey I believe that after a factory reset you will have to tweak all your settings again but your battery should still be conditioned. I don't see how a factory reset would have any effect on the battery itself. But all your phones settings will be back to just like you just took it out of the box.
Hope this helps man..
Ronin

Reactions: lovy

lovy

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Hey I believe that after a factory reset you will have to tweak all your settings again but your battery should still be conditioned. I don't see how a factory reset would have any effect on the battery itself. But all your phones settings will be back to just like you just took it out of the box.
Hope this helps man..
Ronin
Thanks Sam, I had my battery conditioned very well but after the factory reset it started draining again, guess I will just have to repeat the process all over again I don't mind it's worth it.

Capt.D

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
It's not the battery that gets conditioned but the software for controlling the charging and it will need to find its setpoints and calibrate itself.

Sent from my Rooted HTC Thunderbolt via Tapatalk Pro

lovy

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
It's not the battery that gets conditioned but the software for controlling the charging and it will need to find its setpoints and calibrate itself.

Sent from my Rooted HTC Thunderbolt via Tapatalk Pro
Thank you for explaining, so im right I have to do it all over ugh lol

lovy

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Without knowing your history, what do the battery stats say is taking up the battery?
Hi Astro, that's just it I knew what not to install after factory reset, I definitely didn't update Blockbuster and I put everything else the way I had it before, I did install wordfeud and words with friends but that takes very minimal battery my only thing with those two apps are there is no way to exit them unless I'm hitting the back key, but I did check to see if they were still running and they weren't. I'm going to bump charge like I did before and see what happens.

lovy

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Apology for being wrong I'm still learning some things.. lol I try to b helpful..
It's alright, I am still learning lol I ask a million questions I would rather get a reply and a correction rather than no reply at all. previous iphone4 user, so this is like learning to walk all over again:)

miss chris

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I think you should update blockbuster so that you can turn off auto updates. Seems counter intuitive, but I believe that is how you get it to stop being a battery hog.

lovy

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I think you should update blockbuster so that you can turn off auto updates. Seems counter intuitive, but I believe that is how you get it to stop being a battery hog.
Hi miss chris, I didn't see it running in the background
(i forgot how to tell if it's running) but after I finish bump charging im going to update and turn off auto updates. Thanks for the advice:)

AstroStrat89

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Try this...

You need to pick a time when you are not going to be using your phone and do not need to be charging it. You do not need a "full" charge but at least 80%-90%

While plugged into the charger do a reboot, give it enough time to be fully started up. Then unplug the phone and don't touch it for an hour or so

As soon as you turn it on after the hour, go directly to Settings > About Phone > Battery > Whats Using the battery.

My guess is that if your phone drained over the hour it should be very obvious in that report what was causing it.

If everything other then the display is about equal percentage wise I think you may actually have a battery that can't hold a charge.

lovy

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Try this...

You need to pick a time when you are not going to be using your phone and do not need to be charging it. You do not need a "full" charge but at least 80%-90%

While plugged into the charger do a reboot, give it enough time to be fully started up. Then unplug the phone and don't touch it for an hour or so

As soon as you turn it on after the hour, go directly to Settings > About Phone > Battery > Whats Using the battery.

My guess is that if your phone drained over the hour it should be very obvious in that report what was causing it.
thanks astro:)

Kronko

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I did a factory reset yesterday and I am working on having everything back as it was before (tweak it). What I have noticed is that the up time kept counting even after turning off my phone last night, showing like 25 hours up time, weird. Will check again today to make sure I am correct about it.

lovy

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I did a factory reset yesterday and I am working on having everything back as it was before (tweak it). What I have noticed is that the up time kept counting even after turning off my phone last night, showing like 25 hours up time, weird. Will check again today to make sure I am correct about it.
Hi Kronko, I noticed after factory reset the battery continued to die right before my eyes even while not in use, since then I did a bump charge and a few tweaks here and there to get it back to normal and it is no longer doing that but I was wondering when I did the factory reset and uploaded all of my apps the blockbuster one was trying to update so i hit cancel and I don't see it running in the background I wonder if I should go in it anyway and update it and disable future updates, didn't think it mattered since I didn't see it running.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith