Extended battery charge time questions

jessphotos

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

I am new to the forums but a long-time reader. :) I hope I can find some help with a concern I have.

I have just purchased the extended battery and charged it over night for over 9 hours with the phone OFF. This morning, I forgot to look at the LED light to see whether if was green or orange. I assumed that after that many hours the battery would be completely charged. I turned ON the phone, and after the initial boot-up, the battery meter on the notification bar looked fully charged. I had the display set to 100% and GPS was ON. However, I have the battery widget on my screen. It also looked fully charged but when I tapped on it for more details, it showed 98%.

Is that OK? Is there a possibility that the phone didn't charge all the way? I quickly turned OFF my phone and came here to ask for recommendations.

Thank you so much in advance!

Jessica

barrycinti

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Thats normal. Somewhere in the TB battery forums there is an explanation for this. Its something like once the battery charges to 100%, the charging shuts off until the battery reachs somthing like 90+%, then it starts charging again.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

I am new to the forums but a long-time reader. :) I hope I can find some help with a concern I have.

I have just purchased the extended battery and charged it over night for over 9 hours with the phone OFF. This morning, I forgot to look at the LED light to see whether if was green or orange. I assumed that after that many hours the battery would be completely charged. I turned ON the phone, and after the initial boot-up, the battery meter on the notification bar looked fully charged. I had the display set to 100% and GPS was ON. However, I have the battery widget on my screen. It also looked fully charged but when I tapped on it for more details, it showed 98%.

Is that OK? Is there a possibility that the phone didn't charge all the way? I quickly turned OFF my phone and came here to ask for recommendations.

Thank you so much in advance!

Jessica
Yes, that's okay.

-Frank

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

I am new to the forums but a long-time reader. :)... It also looked fully charged but when I tapped on it for more details, it showed 98%.

Is that OK?
First... WELCOME!

Again, yes, it's okay. [HERE] is the definitive article I was looking for earlier. Very well written. We should all thank this knowledgeable person for the time they devoted to putting this into words that the layman (laywomen) :) can understand.

-Frank

jessphotos

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
First... WELCOME!

Again, yes, it's okay. [HERE] is the definitive article I was looking for earlier. Very well written. We should all thank this knowledgeable person for the time they devoted to putting this into words that the layman (laywomen) :) can understand.

-Frank

Thank you, Frank! And thank you for finding that link. I will read it for sure! :)

Jessica

Blackbushido

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if Mugen has an extended battery for the Droid Charge?? Thank you for your timely response and have a very very blessed day!!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Anyone notice a creaking from the extended battery cover? Depending on how you hold it, it creaks from the sides.
Just put some electrical tape between the door and Thunderbolt housing and it should reduce the creak or eliminate it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol