No vibrate when recieving notifications

Waterboy01

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
I have my profile set to vibrate and my tbolt isn't vibrating when I receive notifications. When I go in to settings the box for them to vibrate is checked. Any ideas?

paa79594

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Yes,

While you are correct in having the vibrate setting on in SETTINGS, you will still have to go into Texts/Settings (for example) and also turn on the vibrate notification there too.

Reactions: Waterboy01

BBerry2ADroid

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I am rooted (Gingeritis 3D v1.2) Gmail Notifications show up in the task bar, but I do not get an Vibrations from GMail when a new message arrives. I am getting Vibrations from Handcent SMS/MMS messages and when a call comes in. Any ideas on how to change this setting?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I don't see any setting for Gmail that deals with vibrate functionality. And the standard OS settings just list calls and SMS/MMS.

Sent from my Sinclair ZX-80 using Tapatalk

BBerry2ADroid

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I just discovered how to fix this issue.
Open Gmail App
Open Inbox of an account (I have 4 on my bolt)
Click on Menu>>>Settings>>>Account Settings>>>Choose an Account
Under Notification Settings: Click on Labels to Notify
Click on Inbox>>>Click on Vibrate>>>Make selection of frequency of Vibration

Reactions: GSDer

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Here's my question, never been able to find an answer. If you look at this picture....

http://www.droid-life.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/htc-thunderbolt-official-600x600.jpg

It shows pop up balloons for the number of emails, text messages, and voice mails. My phone has never had a balloon for the number of voice mails. It has for texts and emails. Is that everyone, or am I missing something?
Mine has always worked as advertised when I had Verizon Voicemail as well as when I had Verizon Visual Voicemail. The Verizon Text message icon also shows the number of unread texts, as advertised.

Now that I have switched to Google Visual Voicemail that is one of the items I miss. the Google Voicemail icon will not show number of unread voicemails.

What voicemail do you use? It should be working if you are using Verizon voicemail. (note: I'm stock)

-Frank

Last edited:

DMBMARKT

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Mine has always worked as advertised when I had Verizon Voicemail as well as when I had Verizon Visual Voicemail. The Verizon Text message icon also shows the number of unread texts, as advertised.

Now that I have switched to Google Visual Voicemail that is one of the items I miss. the Google Voicemail icon will not show number of unread voicemails.

What voicemail do you use? It should be working if you are using Verizon voicemail. (note: I'm stock)

-Frank

That's what's weird. I am stock and use the VZ VM system. It has not worked since the beginning. A couple of friends of mine that also have the Thunderbolt have never seen the VM number bubble appear below the icon either. Strange.