Power Control Widget and the Thunderbolt

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
From personel experience, I learned the hard way that the Power Control Widget by Android knocked down the radio signal down to 1x on the Verizon network.
Unless you want your HTC Thunderbolt to run on 1x on the Verizon network. Do not use the Power Control by Android.
The Power Control that is preloaded on the HTC Thunderbolt is perfectly fine on the phone.

kesnik

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I have owned my TBolt since day one and I have been using the android power control widget the whole time (the lowest brightness setting is lower than the lowest Sense brightness control). I have lost the 3g symbol 2 times and restarting the phone has fixed it both times. I have heard of others having the same issue though but I doubt that it’s a widget creating the problem. Why do you think that it’s the power control widget?

-kesnik

JRZLocal

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I use the power control widget and don't lose signal... On the rare occasions I have lost signal, I actually use the mobile widget ( the one that looks like earth with rings around it) to toggle my network on and off and this usually fixes the connection issue.

stearic

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
i've never had a problem when using the power control widget. This has to be some isolated incident or something.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol