Haptic Feedback going in and out

NickF227

Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
I actually like Haptic, but recently(I dunno, maybe I've just been texting and stuff more heavily) I'll be writing a message and then the keyboard stops vibrating and the menu buttons don't vibrate either until I lock my phone, then it does it again...

Help?

Fresh Since 85

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm experiencing the same issue. I spoke to a Verizon representative on the phone and he instructed me to go into a corporate Verizon store to have it swapped out due to what he called a hardware problem. I went into two different corporate Verizon stores and neither one was willing to swap it out even though this info was in their system. They said they couldn't swap it out unless the vibration went out completely. Also my vibration isn't as "strong" as it was the first few days with the device, I believe it's tied to the haptic feedback issue.

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Do you have the phone connected in the USB disk drive mode by chance? Also not all the keys and icons will make the phone vibrate when touched.

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I really like the haptic feedback too. I turned it off to save battery though. Maybe once I get the extended battery I'll enable it again

NickF227

Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
Do you have the phone connected in the USB disk drive mode by chance? Also not all the keys and icons will make the phone vibrate when touched.

No, not connected to anything, and well, the keyboard isn't vibrating so I'm pretty sure its a problem....It annoys me to have it vibrate one second and go out the next.

MBeattie

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Just a few notes on the TBolts haptic feedback.

1. It's enabled out of the box but disabled by default after a hard reset.
2. It becomes disabled once battery reaches around 10%.
3. There's separate settings for capacitive button feedback & notification feedback.
4. Settings are located in the sound menu, instead of the display menu.

Hope this helps, I was having some issues myself until I realized these things.

Reactions: Chrisy

Treybap

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Thank you, MBeatty! Somehow the feedback on my softkeys got turned off and I was going crazy trying to find the option to turn it back on.

chris06ob

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
same thing just started happening on my phone did a master reset and problem is still occuring, i really dont want to start a refurb hell cycle where vzw keeps sending crappy refurbs. Any ideas guys?