1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Home screen and apps scroll horizontal after using car panel

I'm not really having a problem, just would really like to be able to duplicate what happened yesterday:

I had my TB plugged into my car charger. This particular car charger made the phone go into the car panel app. (boo) The cool part is, after I unplugged the phone I noticed that when I rotated the phone horizontally, the home screen actually rotated! The apps would scroll horizontally too. This was awesome, I just need to figure out how to make it do it again. Once I rebooted, it went back to being stuck vertical. Is this a native feature I haven't figured out how to turn on? Or is this a glitch in the software cause by the car panel and my cheap car charger?

I tried going into car panel from the search and exiting back out, and did not get the same results. I will try to duplicate using the car charger later this morning.

Has anyone else experienced this? Can anyone help me duplicate it?

(stock TB, no root or roms, yet...)

This happened to me yesterday using the Verizon TB car dock/charger. AFAIK there is no way to make this happen without using the charger, which is a bummer.
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Nook Color running CM7
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

yeah definitely. You'd think Sense would support it, widgets and icons look great and the 3 screen buttons even rotated. (stayed on the side but the image on the button turned right side up.)

Quote Originally Posted by TechSupportGuy View Post
    This happened to me yesterday using the Verizon TB car dock/charger. AFAIK there is no way to make this happen without using the charger, which is a bummer.

Global Posts
    68 Global Posts

I had the same issue when using the Verizon wall charger. It would randomly put the phone into Car mode. I could not make it happen at will but it would sometimes go in to by itself at random moments. since switching to the usb charger I have not had this happen. Very weird. wondering if it is some sort of issue with voltage or something?

Global Posts
    581 Global Posts
    ROM
    BAMF 1.6.3 Remix/2.4 Lean

You get car model based on how the charger is pinned out. Nothing to do with voltage

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Well I've tried duplicating the rotating home screen and apps today with no luck. It's weird, last night both my TB and the gf's did it and today no luck. I don't like being teased like that lol

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk