Finally got a chance to test LTE!! WOW

unibolt

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Me and the wifey decided to head down from Kansas to Texas to watch KU play Friday night. We stayed on Oklahoma City Thursday night and I got to play on 4G for an entire day. My conclusions are the 4G is simply incredible. No other 4G network comes close to Verizon's at this point and I have used them all. The instant loading of pages were so fast it was almost like you were just refreshing them and not loading them and I even downloaded a movie from blockbuster just to see how long it would take and it took less than 10 minutes. I down loaded a whole album from Amazon in less than 2. Now the bad, I have never seen a battery drain from 100 percent to 15 in 2 hours in my life. I was expecting worse but coming from 3G where I could get 6-7 hours to 2 hours was kind of shocking. To be honest, up to this point I was almost ready to return my phone because of the battery issues but although in 4G its worse, the performance more than makes up for it. I used my hotspot and had 3 other things going besides my phone and everyone was getting around 14-17 down and 3-5 up. I took some pictures of my phone using the speedtest app and using the website on the phone and everyone was above 20 peaking at 30 at times. All I can say it wow and please would someone release a extended battery that does not make my phone look like a camel. Here are my pics.

bigpetefox

A delicious bass...
Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
So far I'm liking the slim extended Seidio battery.. Also, look around for a cheap slim extended for the MyTouch 4G, they use the same size battery.. ;)

dajogejr

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
I was out with friends last night and was in a bar with 4bars of LTE. Solid 4 bars. 25 to 28 down. 3.5 to 4.3 up. I simply couldn't believe it.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

boogeeman69#AC

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Yesterday in Detroit, I tested at 24MB down and 19MB up. Now if I could just get 3g to work since I am just outside the 4g fringe. Verizon said they hope to have this fixed today sometime. :'(

Update.. When I spoke to Verizon last night, they hinted that a system wipe might fix it but they felt it was best to wait until today. At 2pm eastern I did a wipe and now I have working 3g. I have tested it about 6 times taking off Wifi and it keeps jumping right into 3g. There was an actual Tech support ticket open at Verizon, this was a widespread issue.
It sucked having to redo the whole phone, but I was gonna go custom ROM anyways.

Last edited:

miss chris

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Me and the wifey decided to head down from Kansas to Texas to watch KU play Friday night. We stayed on Oklahoma City Thursday night and I got to play on 4G for an entire day. My conclusions are the 4G is simply incredible. No other 4G network comes close to Verizon's at this point and I have used them all. The instant loading of pages were so fast it was almost like you were just refreshing them and not loading them and I even downloaded a movie from blockbuster just to see how long it would take and it took less than 10 minutes. I down loaded a whole album from Amazon in less than 2. Now the bad, I have never seen a battery drain from 100 percent to 15 in 2 hours in my life. I was expecting worse but coming from 3G where I could get 6-7 hours to 2 hours was kind of shocking. To be honest, up to this point I was almost ready to return my phone because of the battery issues but although in 4G its worse, the performance more than makes up for it. I used my hotspot and had 3 other things going besides my phone and everyone was getting around 14-17 down and 3-5 up. I took some pictures of my phone using the speedtest app and using the website on the phone and everyone was above 20 peaking at 30 at times. All I can say it wow and please would someone release a extended battery that does not make my phone look like a camel. Here are my pics.

First and foremost, GO JAYHAWKS! When hubby and I bought our TB's we were in Boulder, CO and got to play with LTE. It was a long, sad drive back to KC and away from the LTE goodness. Hope Big Red can bless us Kansans with more 4G soon. I am so disappointed Wichita is getting 4g before KC.

unibolt

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Well our Hawks aren't looking to good right now but we are a second half team so we will see what happens. It is a tough drive when that LTE disappears and 3G comes back on the phone, its truly a let down going from 25-30 down to 1-2 down. I live near Wichita but I travel to Kc at least twice a week so I am surprised we are getting 4G first also but I honestly wish both would. Honestly I can't believe Wichita would get it before Kansas City would since you guys have a football and baseball team, we have nothing.
First and foremost, GO JAYHAWKS! When hubby and I bought our TB's we were in Boulder, CO and got to play with LTE. It was a long, sad drive back to KC and away from the LTE goodness. Hope Big Red can bless us Kansans with more 4G soon. I am so disappointed Wichita is getting 4g before KC.

unibolt

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Kinda off topic but I got a chance to test the camera out too at the zoo and I was equally blown away, I know this is not where they go but check out some of these pictures from the Thunderbolt, this phone impresses me all area's except battery. I hope they address that issue somehow, bigger battery or something, that's my only complaint.

Last edited:

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
this phone impresses me all area's except battery.
Actually I am not disappointed with the battery which has exceeded my expectations. I was expecting a worse battery life and with its current performance, I can live with it.
Coming back to LTE, I drove to 35 miles to Massachusetts from New Hampshire last week with the sole purpose of enjoying the LTE experience and my WOWs were louder than those of the Staples commercial guy.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

unibolt

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Its been a whole day back in 3G and speeds of 1.5 down and .50 up and it sucks after seeing what this phone is capable of. And I only downloaded that stuff while the phone was on the charger, not on just battery. I have everything turned off, wallpapers and such. LTE just sucks battery, but like I said as long as a battery comes out soon then I am not to worried about it to be honest. It was sure fun while it lasted, now it needs to hurry up and get to Wichita already!!

saabguy

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Im right there with you on finally getting to test the LTE while I was in Charlotte, NC the other day and man it was a world of difference from what im used to.

Notrega

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I have been in in the outskirts of Indianapolis and this is pretty consistent.

utf-8BNDMzNjc5MTkucG5n.png

Sent from Thunderbolt via Tapatalk...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kthompson9705kt