Had wifi on with the phone off power at my house and moderately using the phone. After 6 hours, I had only 25% battery loss. Normally when I go to work I don't even get a chance to mess with my phone much so it's just standard battery drain on idle -- usually 10% per hour. 4G LTE truly takes a ton of battery and I know it's beating a dead horse here, but just wanted to relay my findings. I think that if/when they release a true 4G toggle or improves the efficiency of the LTE chip, we will see a dramatic improvement.
    03-27-2011 12:38 PM
    I live in a 4g area, and I get about 14 hours of moderate use between charges... I don't use wifi... I don't notice a drain anymore now that my battery has cycled and adapted to my use. I do have background sync off still, (Google sync is always on, and GPS) but I don't need FB and the like to sync unless I'm using it.

I did on accident hit the friendstream icon in the app drawer and not turn it off the other day... Went from 96% to 39% in 2 hours.
    03-27-2011 12:55 PM
    A toggle would be nice, but until then I don't mind using that Phone Info app and doing it manually.
    03-27-2011 12:56 PM
    I've tested wifi, 3G (usually 1-2 bars), and 4G (usually 1-3 bars), and while wifi adds a bit of battery life, the only conclusive battery draw on my device is the display.

I've gotten 12-14 hours of battery when I hardly use my TB sitting in low 4G signal area all day, and less than 3 hours when I use it nonstop (even with little network traffic). The display is always at 75-85% of the battery usage, and I keep my brightness at 16%, with auto off and a dark wallpaper.

IMO, any power management fixes need to be on the display, not the radio(s).
    03-27-2011 12:57 PM
    I live in a 4g area, and I get about 14 hours of moderate use between charges... I don't use wifi... I don't notice a drain anymore now that my battery has cycled and adapted to my use. I do have background sync off still, (Google sync is always on, and GPS) but I don't need FB and the like to sync unless I'm using it.

I did on accident hit the friendstream icon in the app drawer and not turn it off the other day... Went from 96% to 39% in 2 hours.
    I wish I knew how you got that much time on your device. I would get maybe 11 hours if I didn't touch the device at all and just let the cell/radio standby run all day. I once had those two combine for 35% and my display was 60% (5% other). That's crazy.

I live in a strong 4G area (usually 3 bars if not 4) as well and it never switches back and forth to 3G/4G.
    03-27-2011 03:28 PM
    depends on how much you use ur phone. When I am at school in or at work I really dont get to use my phone alot. I put it in 3g mode and works great. I still have 70% battery life left after 7 hours it has been off charger already. I think overtime they will probably make improvements to the 4g battery life but for now when I have no need for 4g I turn it off.
    03-27-2011 03:47 PM
    Anyone have the link to the specific app that enables the toggle?
    03-27-2011 03:49 PM
    IMO, any power management fixes need to be on the display, not the radio(s).
    I agree. I keep the display cranked down really low 15-20% and every time I check the use stats screen is number one by a factor of ~2-3!
    03-27-2011 03:59 PM
    Had WiFi on all day on my phone yesterday, my phone lasted all day with no problem.

Had 4G on today, my phone was at 43% in 3 hours and it sat in my pocket for all but 3 minutes when I talked on the phone.
    03-27-2011 04:03 PM
    It's called Phone Info and is available from the Android Market.
    03-27-2011 04:11 PM
    https://market.android.com/details?i...hone.PhoneInfo
    03-27-2011 04:13 PM
    I just wanted to throw this out there, took my phone off its charger at 4 am, last night/this morning, and woke up at 12, the cell standby was at 35%, along with the phone idle also around 35%, the screen was way below at 12% (I was sleeping so it was never on) The overall battery percentage was 45%. I have no clue how this can happen with only email on my phone and the HTC weather/clock widget. Do I have a defective battery or something?
    03-27-2011 04:22 PM
    This mirrors my results. I always get 12-14 hours of battery life with a similar usage pattern.
    03-27-2011 05:21 PM
    My Evo did the same thing when in 4g, doubt there is a fix for it other than a toggle or using the app. Unless gingerbread fixes it somehow.
    03-27-2011 06:05 PM
    I don't see any difference between 3G and LTE in battery hours. I do notice a very big difference in battery when tethering --- can drain my battery in a little less than 2 hours tethering LTE.
    03-27-2011 06:51 PM
    I live in/around 4G and I have not noticed any battery difference with 4G and/or 3G.

-Frank
    03-27-2011 07:09 PM
    The display is always at 75-85% of the battery usage, and I keep my brightness at 16%, with auto off and a dark wallpaper.
    That's a bit high! Mine is usually between 65-70% with moderate use with brightness at 35%, and a bright background of the California ocean.
    03-27-2011 07:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD