Time is all most up - who's keeping - who's not?

Time is almost up - who's keeping - who's not?

• Total voters

mjs1124

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm definitely keeping mine! Best phone I've ever had. My first smartphone was a Storm 1 and I loved that. I remember being on Crackberry and reading so many complaints about that phone. Mine never really had any problems. Then I got my Incredible and that was even better. Now with the Thunderbolt I'm even happier. None of these phones were perfect but I didn't expect them to be. I did like some of the programs more on the Blackberry, but I like like the overall experience of Android better. I also like the AMOLED screen on my Dinc more, but the 4.3" screen on the Tb makes it better for my uses. There have been battery complaints on all 3 of these phones but I have always made it through the day so its all good to me.

richardpandy

Feb 26, 2010
Visit site
I got the restocking fee waived for all the problems that I have had. I am back on my blackberry tour now until I decide what phone I want to get since I sold my Droid X in hopes this phone was going to be so great but God I cannot do this 6hour crap.

Groucho

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Password Keepers to check out:

B-Folders
Keeper Password & Data Vault

I like both. I decided on B Folders because it's free. I like that you can save an encrypted backup to the SD card.

B Folders is clearly the best password/info keeper but it us not free if you want to sync to PC.

Groucho

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm definitely keeping mine! Best phone I've ever had. My first smartphone was a Storm 1 and I loved that. I remember being on Crackberry and reading so many complaints about that phone. Mine never really had any problems. Then I got my Incredible and that was even better. Now with the Thunderbolt I'm even happier. None of these phones were perfect but I didn't expect them to be. I did like some of the programs more on the Blackberry, but I like like the overall experience of Android better. I also like the AMOLED screen on my Dinc more, but the 4.3" screen on the Tb makes it better for my uses. There have been battery complaints on all 3 of these phones but I have always made it through the day so its all good to me.
My story is pretty much the same. Nice to read a well thought out post. My experience with the TB has been terrific but I tool the time to thoroughly research what I was buying as well as taking the time to make sure I knew how to properly configure and use the device.

Reactions: mjs1124

Gav508

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Android processors and hardware is advancing so fast. It is great to see things advancing quickly like this, but in order to enjoy the upgraded processors and speeds, we have to have a battery that is able to power these devices so that we can use them. Like I said, I do not have a Thunderbolt, but it seems crazy to only equip the phone with a 1400 mah battery. People seem to be crippling their phone just to be able to make it last for 5 hours (example: Dimming brightness down to 25%). Bottom line is developers need to focus on improving the actual battery itself now.

Absolutely true. Why buy the phone if I can't use the options. I'm still teetering back and forth. Coming from a Blackberry Storm2 with 5.0

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm keeping mine. Best phone at VZW right now. And, thank gawd, it looks like my previous issues with data network dropping were due to a defective 3G Network Extender that I use at my house. With that turned off, it seems to switch from 1x, 3G, 4G just fine. I'm getting another Network extender sent to me just to verify whether it was defective or just a compatibility issue. Either way I don't care. As long as it works without the NE, I'm good. I have temporarily hooked up my old 1x NE and the ThunderBolt is still working fine. Something about the 3G service in my old Network Extender was causing it problems.

Now I'm a happy camper.

-Frank

barrycinti

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I have changed my mind several times about keeping the TB or taking it back. At this point I am taking it back on Thursday. I really like the TB but there is one major thing I can't do without. It is the terrible network connectivity. I was even willing to accept 3G only because I really like the TB. The other thing I willing to accept is using the extended battery.

- The screen. Nice to be able to actually read text on a web site. It's a real challenge on my BB Bold 9650.
- touch screen. Much easier to use the the keyboard on the BB
- ease of using many apps like email, weather, browser.

Dislikes
- network works terribly in my location. According to VZ I am right in the middle of 4G coverage. I am lucky to get 3G once in a while. I have tried all the tweaks and none of them has helped. I have tried the data network connection while in various spots around my area and still have problems. I even stood outside thinking maybe being indoors the signal was too weak. That did not make a difference either.

My plan is to wait until the other VZ 4G phones come out and hang around the forums here to see if one of them seems to be a winner. I will then go to the local VZ store to test how stable the signal is and try again. If that does not work either, then I am going to get a 3G Android phone and forget about 4G since it seems to not work around here.

I do not look forward to going back to my BB 9650, but I am going to grin and bear it until if/when there is a better choice.

Thanks to the people here for all of ideas and for all of the knowledge I have gained. Its too bad the tweaks did not work for me on the network issue.

Last edited:

dajogejr

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Absolutely keeping mine. Love the speed, the browsing, navigation, Music Player/Ipod replacement...and that's just for starters.

I can tell you if I received/sent 50 to 100 plus emails a day, I would keep my blackberry. RIM does not get enough credit for how well it does email, calendar and contacts.
I wanted a better browsing experience, I want Google to work for me...
I know being the first LTE phone it's going to be a little buggy.
When it's on and working, which is 98% of the time for me...it's a beast!

finanandroid

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
The TB is the Mercedez Benz of smartphones world , root it and you will have a high customizable tool in technology. Sorry to hear from BB world its not working for you guys.

petaf

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
My one concern was battery life. But I've adjusted some apps so that I manually update them and it has helped. I'm getting about 12-13 hours with 20% battery left at the end of the day and that's fine with me. I've come from a BB 9700 on AT&T and I'm delighted with this phone and Verizon!!

iLLusive

Vzw Staff
May 11, 2010
Visit site
Keeping mine even though had horrible experience so far. So for those who don't need long story since my first phone was delivered on 18th I have gone through 5 actual devices and 6th that never got activated due to power button not function so it wasn't able to be activated.

Last week was told by a store that phones have imperfects and being this is a brand new phone with no "known issues" they were going to refuse me exchanging it unless it was for a different device. When I brought it in to point out leaking light, software issue locking me into 1x when battery was hitting 15 percent mark even with Power Saving feature disabled and earpiece not aligned straight.

Today was my LAST visit into a store front unless I do a 180 and change my mind in next 48 hours to return it and go back to my Incredible. Highly doubt it but sadly my 5th phone has light leaking that can be seen straight on, streen is not aligned straight an left side seems to be on correctly but top right half has no edge to it and is flush with the case of the phone, unlike the left side. Anyways I know it is nitpicking but hey I come home to no data service all afternoon as well (Completely seperate area I know) and also I don't currently have 4G service here so I really only gained few things upgrading from Incredible and sadly used my last NE2 on this phone.

So for fear of changing prices of 4G and really wanting this phone to work for me I will just suck up the flaws and make due. Sure 20 months from now I will see what my options are and hopefully 4G or whatever data options are still affordable at that time. Sadly with all the wind being blown out of my sails due to having to get 2 shipped to me and paying roughly $270 both times and upcoming back to back $525 bills I will get better I see the credit possible back for the first return just really makes me not even care how awesome this phone is anymore.

So to everyone else who hasn't had horrible issues I have had enjoy the phone. It is a beautiful device and I can honestly say going forward I will NEVER be one of the people saying "Release the phone NOW fix the issues later" Just because these issues might not effect you doesn't mean 1000's of others won't be.

Battery life has been fine for me and every day gets better and as I have stated many times most of this falls on user end for adjusting the settings on their phones. Just because software sets it self up automatic doesn't mean there is options to improve battery life by adjusting features in those programs/applications.

ThomasT626

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Absolutely keeping mine and selling my Epic 4G. The phone is reliable, very fast and what's now pleasing me most is battery life, which has turned out to be quite good after configuring a few things. I can certainly live with this phone for the next 2 years with unlimited data locked in. Winning!

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Best phone ever. I will be keeping this thing until Thunderbolt II comes out.

Yep im already anticipating it. The HTC Thunderbolt 2 featuring dual core, ice cream sandwhich, gorilla glass and some new screen technology, 3 mp ffc, 1800mah battery, 3d(gimmicky i know but if you can turn it off, i'll take it) lol

jm013

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Keeping. Coming from a blackberry or was nervous. Now I'm more than glad I moved over to Android.

This thing is sick.

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Yep im already anticipating it. The HTC Thunderbolt 2 featuring dual core, ice cream sandwhich, gorilla glass and some new screen technology, 3 mp ffc, 1800mah battery, 3d(gimmicky i know but if you can turn it off, i'll take it) lol

Sadly, the OEM 1800 battery won't be enough either because of the new features. :'(

Now if the 1800 would fit into the CURRENT Tb, then you might have something - But I doubt HTC would do that because too many people would buy the new battery and keep their old phones. :-[

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX