Contact Linking...?

reb422

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
When you look at your "people" or contacts... you have the option to link contacts with Google, Facebook, and Facebook for HTC Sense... Does anybody know the differences between the facebook links??? I have a lot of my contacts linked to all 3 options but then it gives me like 5 phone numbers for each contact. Thanks.

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Linking contacts combines the information from the different contact sources on your phone into one actual contact item.

There's no real difference between the Facebook contact information, besides which app the information is coming from. My recommendation is pick the one that you're going to use, and disable sync/updates for the other to conserve battery and network usage.

I have the HTC Facebook sync and updates off altogether, and use the Facebook app from the market.

Reactions: reb422

paulmike3

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Contact handling on Android is the worst I've seen. Absolute cluster with the linking, resetting pics, etc.

It also doesn't help that my Google contacts sync is hosed and hasn't sync'd since 3/23. Anybody else ever get "sync is currently experiencing problems. it will be back shortly" and been able to fix it (without a device reset or deleting and readding contacts from a backup)?. The interwebs say this is a widespread issue with no solution. *le sigh*

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz