Theft/lost phone apps

Bolt_of_Thunder

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Been looking for a reliable and invisible app for the bolt that will help me find the phone if I lose it or its stolen. I've done a lot of searching and finally found this app in the market, Theft Aware 2.0. The best part about it is that the app becomes invisible once installed. You can rename it to whatever you want in case the thief searches for a tracking app and tries to delete it. It also allows the user to send remote invisible commands from a different device or computer. This let's you get the location of the device and to see if a new sim card has been inserted and the information pertaining to the thief's sim along with other features.

My question is has anyone tried this app? There is a free trial and full version is $14. If not, what protection app is your favorite?

tcapote

Geek Freak
May 15, 2010
Visit site
I am using SeekDroid, a web based product, which can also hide the icon. It is 99 cents.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Bolt_of_Thunder

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
SeekDroid actually looks like it would work quite well. From the looks of it seekdroid doesn't use sms texting for commands just the website, am I right? It also doesn't exactly say if it detects a new unapproved sim card. Do you know if it has that feature? Thanks!

pnicho

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Been looking for a reliable and invisible app for the bolt that will help me find the phone if I lose it or its stolen. I've done a lot of searching and finally found this app in the market, Theft Aware 2.0. The best part about it is that the app becomes invisible once installed. You can rename it to whatever you want in case the thief searches for a tracking app and tries to delete it. It also allows the user to send remote invisible commands from a different device or computer. This let's you get the location of the device and to see if a new sim card has been inserted and the information pertaining to the thief's sim along with other features.

My question is has anyone tried this app? There is a free trial and full version is $14. If not, what protection app is your favorite?

There is a free one through Lookout. I can't remember the name of it off the top of my head. But it's free and you can go to the android market on your computer and have it silently installed to your phone. It will turn on your gps and send you emails with the location of your phone immediately. I tried it out a few weeks ago and it worked great.

stearic

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I second the program Lookout. I have used it and don't see it running at all and i've tested it out to see how well it works and it's worked great so far.

dajogejr

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
I was disappointed that HTCSense.com wasn't ready or possibly will not be available for the Tbolt.
I found a more than suitable replacement in lookout.

stearic

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Works great if you never want to install lookout in the first place, but it's nice to see they have a "plan b" (pun intended?) to where you can find it if you never had it installed in the first place.

SoDev

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I like seekdroid. Call me silly, but I'm paranoid to use a free app for such an important role.

Last edited:

Arthus77

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
I use Theft Aware. It's installed with root previleges - therefor it will even work after a factory reset is done. that's a really nice feature.

lookout hardly offers anything in the free version and payed - $ 30 a year - is just too much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatDude