Clock/Weather widget thinks I'm in Russia?

bugg77

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
This morning, I woke to find that my clock and weather now think that I'm in Irkutsk, Russia. It has changed back to Austin and then gone back to Irkutsk. So, yeah, that's a feature I could do without.

Anyway to get this fixed? I can add locations, but I assumed the default location is coming from the network.

I'm still getting to know the Android OS after having been a Blackberry user for so long.

mookdezell

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem yesterday. My phone spent the greater part of the day in Garadone, Botswana. I pulled the battery, reset it a few times, but that didn't change much. Today it seems to be behaving so far though..... I have no idea why it was doing that. :confused:

dajogejr

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Remove the clock widget.
Turn off GPS and Verizon Location service (uncheck.)
Check them both, then add the widget back on the home screen.

dajogejr

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Odd...you're not supposed to dial *228 on these due to the SIM card...interesting.

My phone, using LTE or Wifi, won't even let me dial *228.
Stops as soon as I press send.

bugg77

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Odd...you're not supposed to dial *228 on these due to the SIM card...interesting.

My phone, using LTE or Wifi, won't even let me dial *228.
Stops as soon as I press send.

It didn't let me get into the programming options, but it must have pinged the network or something because as soon as it disconnected me, it was back to the right location/time.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muejnkfabet