bump charge, boot up, battery drain

Valquez9

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Hows it goin...this is my first android phone and have been reading that bump charging is a great way to condition the battery. After I charge to full (100%) when the phones on I unplug shut it off and plug it back in when the light turns green i power it up and it reads being at 94%...I was wondering if this is standard...I mean even if i just shut the phone off and power it back on, no matter where the batterys at it usually takes about a 6% drain to i guess reboot it...is anyone else noticing this or is it possible my battery may be defected. I mean a 6% drain to turn it on seems like a lot to me, but like I said first android phone coming from a blackberry curve.

Thanks and I apologize if this has already been discussed...I'm an everyday reader and havent noticed any threads about this.

JV

paulmike3

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
IMO, bump charging is just refilling the battery that is drained from powering it off and on. Not only that, but all the partial charges are most likely hurting the battery more than they're helping.

Just my personal opinion, but I don't think bump charging is necessary or good for the battery. At all.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I noticed some battery drain from reboots. usually about 4-8 percent, but sometimes it does not occur. You could check to see if fastboot is enabled, in settings>applications, bc i would guess that takes more battery power.

I only bump charged a few times in the first few days for battery conditioning purposes, and it seems to have got the phone a little extra battery span, but its hard to tell, and I wouldn't bump charge it now unless the battery life was bad for a few days.

And in general, you shouldn't really need to do a reboot often enough to have the resulting battery drain matter much, I only reboot once every 4-6 days unless something freezes first.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol