Wireless Tether / baracle for Root?

rjpear

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Hi Folks.. I used the manual root method and walked my way to apparent "rootness"... But I cannot get Wireless Tether or Barnacle to fire up. Wireless Tether actually asks if I am really rooted.. (Punk!).. Root Check Has both Root Access and BusyBox working fine. ..

Can someone give me an idea of why TETHER is haveing issues working with SU?
In Fact SuperUser will stop Unexpectedly sometimes when it's opened..
Thanks for any insight..

Rob

rjpear

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I did not do anything with permissions following Root. I assumed SuperUser would assigne the permissions as needed... although it is Failing on the Wireless Tether app. Do you have a suggestion as to what I should change...Permission wise?

Thanks

tarheelDan

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I just meant go into Rom Manager, scroll down the bottom and hit Fix Permissions. The install instructions for the ROM I flashed said to do so, and I've seen it as a suggestion to people for some issues for CM7 on the Nook Color. Worth a shot.

rjpear

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I must have an issue with SuperUser.. I seem to get errors all the time .. For this I get .. "An error occurred while attempting to run privileged commands."..
Thanks for the Tip though. I will keep giving it a shot..

ragingyeti

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
This might be silly, but make sure you have USB debugging still checked. SuperUser wouldnt work without that option checked on an old phone I had, I assume its still the same way.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38