Basic Mail Questions/Issues

Komodod

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Coming from BB Storm, I understand that BB devices tend to the best when handling emails. I wanted to check on a few things and make sure I am not missing a setting or perhaps an app that could help me.

I am currently using Active-Sync with our Exchange server

1 - I guess the active-sync is pretty accurate, since when I "file" emails away on my laptop, they disappear on my phone. Anyway to stop this from happening, since I occasionally need to refer back....or is this just how this concept works?

2 - Formatting. I used to be able to "show images" when emails were sent with embedded pics and details. Now the email comes through with a bunch of links showing and I have to click to "view as a website" in order to see formatting. Anyway to have them come through formatted?

3 - Used to have a basic excel reader integrated with the BB Storm. Now, when I get an attached excel doc, it allows me to "download" it(no idea where it goes) but when I try to open, it does not allow. I have even installed Docs to go and Quick Office in hopes that this would change the View/Open options within my mail.....no luck.

I know the above probably sounds pretty noob....but any help is appreciated. I could not find much relating when I did a search.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Coming from BB Storm, I understand that BB devices tend to the best when handling emails. I wanted to check on a few things and make sure I am not missing a setting or perhaps an app that could help me.

I am currently using Active-Sync with our Exchange server

1 - I guess the active-sync is pretty accurate, since when I "file" emails away on my laptop, they disappear on my phone. Anyway to stop this from happening, since I occasionally need to refer back....or is this just how this concept works?

2 - Formatting. I used to be able to "show images" when emails were sent with embedded pics and details. Now the email comes through with a bunch of links showing and I have to click to "view as a website" in order to see formatting. Anyway to have them come through formatted?

3 - Used to have a basic excel reader integrated with the BB Storm. Now, when I get an attached excel doc, it allows me to "download" it(no idea where it goes) but when I try to open, it does not allow. I have even installed Docs to go and Quick Office in hopes that this would change the View/Open options within my mail.....no luck.

I know the above probably sounds pretty noob....but any help is appreciated. I could not find much relating when I did a search.
1) I think, if you go to Menu | Accounts and pick the discrete mail server (rather than "all") you will then be able to use "Menu | Folders" to see the folders you wish. If you are in the "All Messages" mode with more than one mail server you don't get that choice because some mail servers have different folder names.

2) Try going into the discrete account again and setting HTML OK. Not sure if this will work though.

3) This should work for all common supported formats using "QuickOffice" viewer that comes pre-installed on the phone. Things like .DOC, .XLS, etc. Personally, I like "Office Suite Pro" from the Market for $14.99. That way you can edit too. The first time you tap on the attachment it will download. When that is finished you tap again to open it. Also, the attachment is downloaded into the sdcard/download directory.

-Frank

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech