New software that corrects battery issues with a factory reset..

memphisboy

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
My Verizon partner I deal with sent me a text today saying he was told that since I was having battery issues, their is supposedly software, which improves the battery, that will automatically load onto the phone once I conduct a factory reset. My question is: Has anyone experienced an improved, unexplained battery performance after doing such?

lovy

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
My Verizon partner I deal with sent me a text today saying he was told that since I was having battery issues, their is supposedly software, which improves the battery, that will automatically load onto the phone once I conduct a factory reset. My question is: Has anyone experienced an improved, unexplained battery performance after doing such?
I did a factory reset last week but was not told anything like that from the Verizon rep.

lovy

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Did you see an improvement?
to be honest my battery was terrible when I first used it but after conditioning my phone to the way I use it and a bump charge it does not give me problems . I did one bump charge after the factory reset because I saw that my battery began to drain again and after that and also tweaking it the way I had it before the reset my phone is now back to normal,( so no reset did not make battery better I had to tweak it back) but for me I am not a movie down loader, I basically play the silly games and web surf a bit talk a lot and text and I get a good 7 hours when I do that heavy and on a light day so much more. But once again my battery is the way it is because of the way I use my phone. Hope this helps.

dajogejr

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
I have a hard time believing it will take a factory reset...but I could very well be wrong.
That would be a nightmare for folks to back things up, etc, just to get a software update.
I know it's not a big deal for those that are savvy...but others....whew, I'd hate to be manning their support lines.

droid747

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site

That sounds like he does not know what he is talking about. If there was a software fix, it would have been pushed to the phone without needing to do a factory reset.

lovy

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I have a hard time believing it will take a factory reset...but I could very well be wrong.
That would be a nightmare for folks to back things up, etc, just to get a software update.
I know it's not a big deal for those that are savvy...but others....whew, I'd hate to be manning their support lines.
I am by no means savvy and you are right after I did a factory reset I went bonkers putting back the few things I did have on my phone lol.

getsoutalive

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
My phone rebooted on its own last night. Been spending some effort to tweak my battery and I noticed that after the auto-reboot, the battery times were all reset as if I had just removed it from the charger. I was specifically watching the timers vs battery drain and was bummed that this cycle was shot. After leaving it charging overnight, I pulled it off at 8:30 and rebooted again. At 8:10 I am at 48% with an uptime of 11:43 and awake time of 3:23. Have not seen numbers like this before. That may have been a pushed update, but it certainly didn't require a factory reset and actually, didn't even ask my permission.

memphisboy

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Im hesitant due to the fact of reloading the info/apps all over...thinking that an update shouldnt be too far away that will fix this issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34