Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    ROM
    Gingerbread DeBloated

Default Battery Defective?

Ok, I read the battery sticky and did many of the recommendations, but my battery life is still somewhat poor. I can literally watch the battery percentage go down every minute using HTC's official battery widget. Anyone else have this same problem?

I love this phone, but its poor battery life makes me wary, and I only have 3 days left to return it.

Quote Originally Posted by johndabeast View Post
    Ok, I read the battery sticky and did many of the recommendations, but my battery life is still somewhat poor. I can literally watch the battery percentage go down every minute using HTC's official battery widget. Anyone else have this same problem?

I love this phone, but its poor battery life makes me wary, and I only have 3 days left to return it.
    There have been a battery of posts about the OEM battery. I assume you have you tried all the tweaks and bump charging cycles.

What kind of usage minutes/hours are you getting? It's hard to say if you are having a problem without some data to review. Heavy use on this phone will NOT get you through a full day in a 4G area.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    ROM
    Gingerbread DeBloated

It's strange, some days it will be terrible, and some it will be fine.
    On one occasion, I left it unplugged over night and it dropped to 50% over 8 hours, another, after using it for a day, it had 15 hours of on time, but only 2 hours of awake time.

It seems to vary greatly, but at least I know it works sometimes?

Extra info: No syncing besides GMail, and HTC/Clock Widget, in strong 4G LTE area, connected to wifi while at home (during my night example). Bluetooth and GPS on. So odd.

have you tried juice defender beta yet?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    ROM
    Gingerbread DeBloated

No, I haven't downloaded any of the battery apps, because it seemed that they would just waste more battery then they would save, have you tried it and would you recommend it?

juice defender hardly uses any battery at all to run ... and yes i would highly recommend it, on 4G it has easily triple my battery life from 5 hours to 15 hours at a minimum and on wifi will give me an easy 18 hours of battery life, just make sure to try the juice defender beta version and not the battery version the juice defender battery does not work
    Thanked by:
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    ROM
    Gingerbread DeBloated

Ok, thanks for the advice and I'll report back.

Edit: Installed now.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    ROM
    Gingerbread DeBloated

Is it best to run the default settings?

yes to the default settings
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    ROM
    Gingerbread DeBloated

Ok, I'll have to test this out tomorrow and see my results.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    ROM
    Gingerbread DeBloated

Ok, so I installed it and tried to use it, it did not seem to help much, and it also seemed to dramatically slow down my phone, so it now uninstalled. Thank you for your help, but it just did not work well enough for me.

not trying to beat a dead horse here, but just want to make sure you installed juice defender beta, not juice defender battery, as juice defender battery does not work with the bolt, if you're positive it was the beta version, than Im sorry you didn't have any luck

also on a side note im kinda interested in how heavily you use the phone? would you describe it as light, moderate, or heavy use?
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    ROM
    Gingerbread DeBloated

It was beta, I made sure of it. My usage can very from light to moderate. Some days I'll literally use it only to check the time about 10 times a day, with maybe 5 texts and 5 minutes of internet use. Other days, like today, I have played words with friends every hour for a minute, and sent over 100 texts, with a 2 minute phone call. Unfortunately, I cannot gauge completely accurately because I plugged it in.

Well, I was a big walking billboard for JD beta but was always being told that it is actually using battery but I didn't want to hear it. Well, I decided to listen for once in my life and disbaled JD beta. Lo and behold my battery life has improved. I realized that I did all my phone tweeks and installed JD beta all at one time and really contributed my battery success to the Defender. Well, keeping my battery saving adjustments and disabling JDB has now made it better.
    Thanked by:
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    ROM
    Gingerbread DeBloated

Interesting, did your Thunderbolt get any slower too?

No I didn't notice it slowing down other than if I didn't use the phone for a little bit it took some seconds to get connected back to 3G. Don't know if that was specifically due to JDb but I don't notice it since I disabled it.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    ROM
    Gingerbread DeBloated

Oh, I wish this phone had a 1800 MAH battery....

Exclamation htc clock widget

Quote Originally Posted by johndabeast View Post
    It's strange, some days it will be terrible, and some it will be fine.
    On one occasion, I left it unplugged over night and it dropped to 50% over 8 hours, another, after using it for a day, it had 15 hours of on time, but only 2 hours of awake time.

It seems to vary greatly, but at least I know it works sometimes?

Extra info: No syncing besides GMail, and HTC/Clock Widget, in strong 4G LTE area, connected to wifi while at home (during my night example). Bluetooth and GPS on. So odd.
    Hey when you say the HTC clock widget are you talking about the huge clock on the main screen? If so from experience and from tech support the huge clock or clocks that come on the main screen that have movement drain a hella lot of battery. You might try taking that off your home screen for a day and see if that helps..
    Hope it works
    Ronin
    Samuraifortruth.wordpress.com
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    ROM
    Gingerbread DeBloated

I don't know if this changes anything samurai, but I use the black chalkboard theme, so the clock only switches numbers, and doesn't flip like the default one.