Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Talking Texting on the Thunderbolt. My review!

I have had this phone for almost 2 weeks now and to be honest the keyboard needs work. I dont know if everyone else has this problem when i txt. The problem being i tend to text kinda fast and the best way to explain it is when im about to finish a word or something and im about on the last letter,and right before pushing the letter that im pushing gets twisted on the screen.Its really annoying,lets say im spelling "fighting" and ill get fightign. All the time i get this,only when im slow texting is when words come out fine,im pretty sure im hitting the buttons right but i keep getting this problem. Its hard to explain,like the phone cant keep up or something.

Another problem is like it keeps saying i have a message unread and the icon shows up but theres no message. If i restarted the phone it would work but not anymore,i have to go into running apps and clear cache and clear data and force stop.

I dont think this phone was gonna be like this,the only hope i have is when this phone gets 2.3 and the fixs included better battery life,something with texting and messages and alot more.

Really considering on taking it back and getting iphone,i have had other problems like the phone freeze on a screen,but thats was because of the ATK app but i got rid of it and since after,phone has done better but still has hickups here and there.

Download the gingerbread keyboard off the market. Its much better.
    Thanked by 5:

ROM
    DasBamf 2.0b5

Quote Originally Posted by shaddix View Post
    Download the gingerbread keyboard off the market. Its much better.
    +1. "Keyboard from Android 2.3" is good for fast texters. The multitouch response is very solid, which should alleviate the issue you're having.
    Last edited by mlpjunior; 03-29-2011 at 04:39 AM.
    Thanked by 2:

i use swype on my tb its very fast and easy

I have been using Swiftkey and really like it alot.

ROM
    TB: Das BAMF 1.8

That is one of the many wonderful things about Android. Don't like some minute aspect of it? Change it! I'd be willing to be there is even a iPhone-like keyboard in the Market.

Wow! The Gingerbread keyboard is awesome. Thanks for the tip!

Did anyone have problems with entering (and dialing) phone numbers with embedded waits and pauses once they've installed a different keyboard? I used smart keyboard pro on my droid and droid x. When I installed and activated it on my thunderbolt, I wasn't able to enter waistband pauses that the thunderbolt would correctly dial.

The stock thunderbolt keyboard enters a "w" for a wit and a "p" for a pause. Other keyboards (I also have swift keyboard) enter a semicolon and comma for waits and pauses. I always thought the standard symbols WERE the semicolon and comma. Anyway with a semicolon embedded in a phone number for a wait and smart keyboard pro installed, the phone prepends a 011 when calling and ignores the embedded semicolon.

ROM
    Stock/Franco

yeah but if you type and it comes up "fightign" the auto correct would fix it for you. unless you added "fightgn' to your user added words.

and the above posts are all very true. 2.3 pad is on the market as are tons of other keyboards, some that are even like the iphone.

honestly after 2 weeks of using the bolt I tried to use my ipod touch and it has become very hard for me to use now and iv had it for almost 2 years. Tbolt <3
    Last edited by Edwill86; 03-29-2011 at 08:35 AM.

I'm with Edwill86. I've not had any issues with the stock keyboard at all. I came from a Storm and I thought I would have issues with learning how to type on a normal touchscreen again, but I'm super fast on this phone and I love it.

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts

I have used the gingerbread keyboard as well as SwiftKey and i think that both solve the problem you are having.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

ROM
    DasBamf 2.0b5

I thought SwiftKey was the best thing ever when I first started using it. Unfortunately, as I used it, and it learned my typing habits more and more, the actual input response started to slow down. So, I went back to Gingerbread Keyboard.

Yup, gingerbread keyboard is where it's at.

Just downloaded the Gingerbread keyboard, the free version to try out...so far I love it, much better than the stock keyboard.

Wow, I love the gingerbread! What's the difference between the paid and the free version?
    *PHILLIES* *FLYERS* *EAGLES*
    "The Island brought us here"...got LOST

Quote Originally Posted by roxy surf View Post
    Wow, I love the gingerbread! What's the difference between the paid and the free version?
    Differences are listed in the description. Several customizations.

Quote Originally Posted by mlpjunior View Post
    I thought SwiftKey was the best thing ever when I first started using it. Unfortunately, as I used it, and it learned my typing habits more and more, the actual input response started to slow down. So, I went back to Gingerbread Keyboard.
    I did the exact same lol

I can type just fine on Smart keyboard pro. I do notice that if I type too fast, it will skip words. Custom AutoText makes it totally worth it, though. Love that option and it was actually the only thing I missed from my Storm.

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

I grabbed the gingerbread app from Market and enabled it in the settings but don't see how it's different from the regular keyboard options?

I could crush some typing on my Storm, and feel like a four year old typing on my new TB.
    Devoted Crackberry purchased the Thunderbolt, somewhat begrudgingly.......

Not quite sure what the hype is all about just yet.

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SixStringMadness View Post
    I could crush some typing on my Storm, and feel like a four year old typing on my new TB.
    yeah, me too! going to try gingerbread out though

ROM
    Adryn's 1.3.2 Rom/Kernel

Swype swype swype.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    Why yes, I'm leaving the Apple Kool-Aid and iPhone 4 behind... Give me Android, or give me death!
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

love gingerbread keyboard,that fixed my problems,i have free verison probably gonna get the paid verison cuz of the custom things..thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by JManangan View Post
    Swype swype swype.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

i cant even find Swype in the market.... i loved that on my fascinate.

ROM
    Adryn's 1.3.2 Rom/Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by tallyboy29 View Post
    i cant even find Swype in the market.... i loved that on my fascinate.
    Bi-Winning over here! Check the link, its an older version of the beta for the EVO 4g but works absolutely perfect for me.

Why yes, I'm leaving the Apple Kool-Aid and iPhone 4 behind... Give me Android, or give me death!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast