Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 4g in Dayton Ohio

Turned on my tbolt this morning and am getting a 4g signal. Anyone else in Dayton Ohio seeing this? Did not think this was rolling out until later in the year according to VZW.

Great news. I am west of Dayton, I wonder har far out they will have the signal.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Looks like my 4g indicator went back to 3g and I am still in the same spot. Maybe it was a software. And now I just looked again and 4g popped back up. Hmm

Quote Originally Posted by Bigmanbrower View Post
    Looks like my 4g indicator went back to 3g and I am still in the same spot. Maybe it was a software. And now I just looked again and 4g popped back up. Hmm
    They were saying Dayton will get LTE very soon, so they are probably doing some tests before they roll it out to the public. It's supposed to include Springfield as well.

I hope it includes Springfield. My employer has a large facility there, will come in handy when I have downtime

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

ROM
    VirusROM RC1B2!!!

I am out near by Fairborn. and no 4G. I agree could be some testing going on.
    i7 PC/Mac Mini - iPad 1(EX) - iPad 2 - Droid Incredible(EX) - HTC Thunderbolt!! - ATV2
    Just all around Tech Geek!

My phone has been going in and out of it all day here in Fairborn. Did a few speed tests to see if it was a software glitch and consistently pulled 10-13MB down. Back in 3G now, hopefully we'll have it very soon!

ROM
    VirusROM RC1B2!!!

I have it down in Lebanon where I live. OMG so much faster... now if you could use it as your cable provider without burning this thing out. LOL
    i7 PC/Mac Mini - iPad 1(EX) - iPad 2 - Droid Incredible(EX) - HTC Thunderbolt!! - ATV2

Congrats, fellow Ohioans! Enjoy the 4 GEEEZZZZ.

ROM
    Stock

I'm sitting at the Fairfield Commons mall and have full 3G. No 4G yet......

When I was getting gas at the Sam's club on miller lane, I had 4G for a few minutes then it went back to 3G. I live by Meadowdale HS and still in 3G. Hopefully we will have 4G soon.

ROM
    BAMF Cubed!

I am in beavercreek and I only have 3g at the moment

I've been going in and out of 4g all day too, but whenever the indicator shows 4g, I can't access any data features.

Does anyone know the approximate radius of 4G service? My house is in a suburb north of Dayton, and this would be legen- wait for it.

Lima and Toledo should be getting it soon, too.

ROM
    VirusROM RC1B2!!!

Will re-test today to see if I get 4G at Wright Pat. Wasn't lookign for it persay until I was leaving work.

Update: No 4G signal on way through Centerville, Beavercreak or Wright Pat this am.
    Last edited by Guntherm; 03-30-2011 at 05:49 AM.

4G was working in Huber Heights last night around 1:00AM, but not this morning. Must be doing testing. I wish I wouldn't have caught it because my normal signal sucks here in my house. Grrr!

ROM
    BAMF Cubed!

I had 4G for like 5 minutes here in beavercreek township. I was sitting in my bed. It just left me.

Quote Originally Posted by corn4ahead View Post
    I had 4G for like 5 minutes here in beavercreek township. I was sitting in my bed. It just left me.
    Don't worry guys. If they're testing, it has to be soon! Those antennas aren't going to sit on top of towers for very long and not be used!

It's been 2 weeks now since they've started testing.... Wonder how long before it goes live? Wonder how long they tested other markets before going live?

ROM
    BAMF Cubed!

I actually picked it up for about 2 days off and on and I havent seen it since last wednesday

Global Posts
    509 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted, Unlocked

Quote Originally Posted by vw mofo View Post
    4G was working in Huber Heights last night around 1:00AM, but not this morning. Must be doing testing. I wish I wouldn't have caught it because my normal signal sucks here in my house. Grrr!
    I am just outside of a 3G signal, like I walk two blocks up the road, and I get 3G, so I am usually working with 2 bars of 1X at home.

How strong was your 4G signal when you got it? I was told that the LTE signal will travel farther than the 3G signal because it is such a low frequency and should also penetrate buildings better.

I have hughesnet for internet, and I really would pay the $ to tether when 4G rolls out around here, just to get on World of Warcraft of download things every once in awhile.

Sitting in fairborn and have 4G icon but definitely not 4G speed yet

Quote Originally Posted by drixp View Post
    I've been going in and out of 4g all day too, but whenever the indicator shows 4g, I can't access any data features.
    Same here.....I come to Dayton (Moraine, actually) once a week and today was the first issue I've had since getting my Tbolt that my data has been spotty.....going from 3g/4g and in the process, losing complete data coverage. Haven't had this issue in Oxford yet nor any data issues with 4g in Cincy area.

I wonder if their Dayton 4g plans include all the way down to Oxford....

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

Had 4G for a little while on base. Haven't seen it since.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast