Update from HTC Rep: GPS & Capacitive Buttons

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I emailed HTC support with some 'constructive product feedback,' offering my thoughts on the GPS issues that I (among others) have been experiencing. I also asked about the possibility of an option to have the capacities buttons' state on with the screen rather than determined by ambient light.

Here's what I got:

Dear Patrick Schroedl,

I understand you would like the bottom row of buttons on your Thunderbolt to stay on at all times with a setting allowing it to and also having a GPS connectivity issue. We are currently working on the Android 2.3 update for this device and we will be including fixes for issues such as GPS connectivity and new features. It is possible a feature may be added in the settings to allow turning on the capacitive buttons. The update will be released this summer. However, we do not have an exact date of when it will be available. You will be able to stay tuned at htc.com or twitter.com/htc for details as we get closer to the update availability.

Reactions: ChevyStorm88

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
About the capacitive buttons on all the time... I would hate that. But hopefully, if they allow, it there will be a configuration to disallow it.

I haven't experienced any GPS issues myself.

Glad to hear they confirm an update to GB this summer.

Thanks,

-Frank

Last edited:

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
About the capacitive buttons on all the time... I would hate that. But hopefully it if they allow it there will be a configuration to disallow it.

ha, I ran into that with the fascinate. Stupid things only stayed on for ~5 sec. Then in an update they got the bright idea to tie them to the screen which wouldn't normally be a problem except for people who try to use the stock desk clock app at night.

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I do think the capacitive option depends on your situation, and the environment in which you are most using the phone. The GPS issues do seem to be affecting some much more than others, but my GPS lock timing and accuracy really are terrible.

I'm also looking forward to the 2.3 update.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000