Are HTC Sense Updates OTA?

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
New to Android... I've read that the update to 2.3 will be an OTA upgrade. What about HTC Sense? If there is a new version of Sense will it be distributed OTA? With the 2.3 release? Afterward? How does that work?

-Frank

Reactions: Chrisy

thedeceiver

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, with the Dinc, I don't recall getting any material updates to the Sense UI. HTC did push out a Non-Froyo update between the Dinc's original launch and the Froyo release but it didn't seem to add much new functionality.

Reactions: Chrisy

Kaptain75329

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Though I'm new to Android in general -- coming from BlackBerry here -- following a friend's Dinc through it's lifecycle suggests that nothing functional or cosmetic actually changes, only compatibility. Then htc releases the updated ROM to Verizon for approval and OTA deployment. I'm guessing all that's done with Sense itself is to simply apply whatever fixes are needed to make it work with the base Android OS.

If that's true, then we'll have to wait for another phone on Verizon before we see htcsense.com functionality and the htc hub on the phone. Assuming, of course, that Verizon isn't the reason we don't already have those features in the first place.