Kickstand Peeling

sickens

May 6, 2011
Visit site
Phone was always without case, but I took quite good care to make sure it was in a pocket with nothing else in it. I'd attribute this to nothing more than normal 'wear and tear' rather than a defect. If someone had it in a case and this was happening, I'd say it was a defect, but the 'coating' or whatever it is, is quite easy to peel off now.

I'd probably advise everyone else to simply scratch it off. The aluminum is much shinier, brighter and more reflective without the coating.

major_works

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
My wife and I have both had Thunderbolts for about a month. Neither phone is exhibiting this peeling problem. Both phones are babied, though; they are always in cases and neither of us uses the kickstand much if at all.

sickens

May 6, 2011
Visit site
I just messaged a friend of mine who has a Desire Z as well, he has had his phone in the case from day one... No problems on his end.

tjubb

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Damn, just noticed the peeling on mine too! Thought I was one of the lucky ones that didn't have a peeling phone. Geesh, the Thunderbolt is beginning to annoy me on a daily basis now. Between delays, empty promises, reboots, 3g/4g disconnects, sluggishness I'm wanting a different phone now.

If I buy a new phone mid-contract for the full retail price, do I lose my unlimited 4g?

normio2

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Damn, just noticed the peeling on mine too! Thought I was one of the lucky ones that didn't have a peeling phone. Geesh, the Thunderbolt is beginning to annoy me on a daily basis now. Between delays, empty promises, reboots, 3g/4g disconnects, sluggishness I'm wanting a different phone now.

If I buy a new phone mid-contract for the full retail price, do I lose my unlimited 4g?

No you do not lose your unlimited plan.

WhoMe

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Not that I think this peeling problem is ok..but if some of you guys (those that this hasnt happened to yet) are looking to protect your kickstand without a big case try one the skin kits that they sell for the Thunderbolt. I got mine from Phantom Skins, one can barely see it and the finish is protected.

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Not that I think this peeling problem is ok..but if some of you guys (those that this hasnt happened to yet) are looking to protect your kickstand without a big case try one the skin kits that they sell for the Thunderbolt. I got mine from Phantom Skins, one can barely see it and the finish is protected.

This is what I keep saying... Skinzs are great.

anonymous239411

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
What does Verizon have to say about the kickstand peeling situation? Has anyone talked or called this problem in? If so, what was their response?

Thanks!

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

I'm willing to do this but they force you to spend about $30 for a full kit. I just want a kickstand film as I won't use the rest.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk.

normio2

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
What does Verizon have to say about the kickstand peeling situation? Has anyone talked or called this problem in? If so, what was their response?

Thanks!

A friend of mine got his warrantied out, but who wants to go through that hassle just because of it peeling?

MOTOX2

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
HMMM, mine's peeling too :( :(.....on the bottom end....it sucks, i love htc, love sense, everything but i always have problems....even on my dinc, the battery cover squeaks...the smallest things irritate me on a phone i spend 600 on....off contract.... ugh :(....since my rep is nice though i might take it to him and maybe he'll give me a new one or help me fill out for insurance....rediculus..

I have to have the worst....my gps doesn't load anywhere near, its like 50 miles off....my phone randomly just shuts off.....just while browsing the web, no update, no 4g/3g....though i have that problem of switching....ugh. I love this phone but i think i need a replacement...

kp1387

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I took a chance last night and decided to do something about the peeling issue. I used Nino dremel too and polished the KS up. I did loose the Google logo but all n all I think it looks great. I will post pics later

yeabuddi

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
So if I replace my phone they will send me a new cover free of charge?

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk.

Yup, if you tear it off and send it back to them or visit a store.

There similar to ZAGG - invisibleSHIELD

easy to install; it makes my phone look reaaaally good (never had the peeling problem tho)

Smittyn804

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
I cut a strip of screen protector and put it on the kickstand on day one. I figured it might scratch. Mine looks like new! On the EVO the kickstand is lower than the case back, on this phone the kickstand is HIGHER! so if you dont have a case on it the first thing to get damaged is going to be the kickstand. The screen protector works well for me.

Thank you! Such a simple idea. Glad I found this before the peeling began.

Sent from my tubered ADR6400L

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
whoa, sorry for the massive picture, did that in a hurry

That's exactly what my kickstand looks like drtechy. It's enough to drive me nuts but not enough to replace the device as it'll just happen again. Once it spreads out towards the "Google" side is another story.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech