Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Kickstand Peeling

The kickstand on my T bolt is peeling away slowly. It's like theres a film over the actual metal. Would this be covered under my 14 day return policy to get a new one? It sucks cause I just rooted and have everything how I want it hah.

Global Posts
    161 Global Posts

I don't know if it would be covered, but I just noticed the same thing on mine, thanks for bringing it up! LOL
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

It should be... the phone is like 12 days old. It shouldn't be peeling. I'm going to go in today and regardless if they will replace it or not I'll just return the device and then buy a new one since I'm within that 14 days hah.

ROM
    Stock

You sure its not just the protective plastic cover that you peel off when new? like what is on the screen, and over the camera lens? I just checked my kickstand, and it is just brushed metal, no plastic on it at all.

Pics? Mine doesn't look like it has any coating -- just metal.

Global Posts
    161 Global Posts

Its definitely not the plastic that usually comes on that stuff. Its actually chipping away. I'll try and get a pic, but I don't have a camera right now, gotta wait till I get home later.

Quote Originally Posted by drtechy View Post
    Its definitely not the plastic that usually comes on that stuff. Its actually chipping away. I'll try and get a pic, but I don't have a camera right now, gotta wait till I get home later.
    Take a pic in a mirror with the RC?
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

I called the store I got it from and they said they consider it to be Defective Equipment. Unrooting now and heading there later today.

Global Posts
    161 Global Posts

Here is mine!

Global Posts
    161 Global Posts

whoa, sorry for the massive picture, did that in a hurry

Quote Originally Posted by troo53 View Post

I called the store I got it from and they said they consider it to be Defective Equipment. Unrooting now and heading there later today.
    That's good to hear, at least. Thanks for the pic. Hopefully they keep it classified like that, cause this looks like it could be a big issue.

I use the Siedio Innocase, so my KS doesn't touch anything, ever (unless it's open and standing -- even then, it's only using the edge).

The kickstand on my T bolt is peeling away slowly. It's like theres a film over the actual metal. Would this be covered under my 14 day return policy to get a new one? It sucks cause I just rooted and have everything how I want it hah.
    No film or clear coat on mine either, just brushed metal. Would you have to un-root the phone in order to return it?

Global Posts
    1,377 Global Posts
    ROM
    Always changing

so is it a fake brushed metal? what is under it plastic or metal?
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Global Posts
    161 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by paulmike3 View Post
    I use the Siedio Innocase, so my KS doesn't touch anything, ever (unless it's open and standing -- even then, it's only using the edge).
    Its funny I've had a case on mine since minute one, and yet its still doing it, but I do use my kickstand quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by dubge View Post
    so is it a fake brushed metal? what is under it plastic or metal?
    Its still metal, it looks like it may have been a protective coating that's chipping away on mine. But definitely not plastic
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

I'm not going to un-root it's too much of a pain. I'm just going to delete the rooted apps and restore the verizon ones to their spots. The reps won't be able to tell.

Global Posts
    161 Global Posts

I'm not going to un-root it's too much of a pain. I'm just going to delete the rooted apps and restore the verizon ones to their spots. The reps won't be able to tell.
    yea they won't have a clue, but don't forget to remove super user. I saw someone try and return their's the other day and forgot to remove that!

Global Posts
    173 Global Posts

I noticed mine was doing the same thing the other day. I don't notice it though unless I look at it from a certain angle, so no biggie.

My what big fingers you have- no wonder your kickstand is peeling..

Sorry, I had to do that and yes it certainly looks defective.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Well went into verizon and asked for exchange. The noob rep said no problem and then after he exchanged it I guess his boss chewed him out because it was supposed to be wear and tear and not defective hah. Got my new one in a case and I'm gonna do something to protect the kickstand now!

Wow. Some of you guys are really picky. But, to each their own I guess.
    Thanked by 2:
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,356 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

Mines doing the same thing but I figure in a few months it will be all off and the same color again.
    Thanked by 2:
    Nexus Lover

Global Posts
    1,268 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP JB Build 4

Mine is peeling too. It really annoys me.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt via Tapatalk
    Follow me on Twitter!

Add me on Google+

Link
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,356 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by SUB-dawg View Post
    Mine is peeling too. It really annoys me.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt via Tapatalk
    It will look much better once its all peeled off. I don't feel like unrooting and re doing a new phone with a chance it will happen with the replacement.

Global Posts
    1,381 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/CM

I don't intend on ever using the kickstand and have only opened it once to check it out. Mines not peeling yet and I hope it doesn't start. Knock on wood.
    Energy hoarder

Global Posts
    1,473 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock rooted

I have a feeling everyone's is going to do this.
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast