Transfering Music, Videos, Pics to Thunderbolt

thamadness

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
What is everyone using to transfer your music, pics, videos from computer to your phone? Is their a good app for this? Anyone use VCAST Manager? I tried to download the HTC transfer software, but it puts Vcast manager on computer instead. I hate it.

Once music is in... is there a way to delete all the music instead of one by one? If you go into manage applications and clear data in music...will this erase all? Thanks for all the info. Just trying to learn as much as I can about this phone!:)

devindpotts

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
What is everyone using to transfer your music, pics, videos from computer to your phone? Is their a good app for this? Anyone use VCAST Manager? I tried to download the HTC transfer software, but it puts Vcast manager on computer instead. I hate it.

Once music is in... is there a way to delete all the music instead of one by one? If you go into manage applications and clear data in music...will this erase all? Thanks for all the info. Just trying to learn as much as I can about this phone!:)

You can just mount it as a drive when you plug it into your computer, then you can just use it like a flash drive. When you plug it in, you'll notice a notification up in the corner. Open that up and the option to use it as a drive is in there.

elai1108

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I use the USB cable to connect to PC directly, then physically copy files over as needed, including photos, videos, and mp3's.

You can use a fat client app to sync files but I decided not to use this so I can have more control over what I move to the phone.

The best way to wipe all the music is just to hook up the phone to the PC via USB drive, mount the disk, then delete the files.

Hope this helps! :)

Reactions: thamadness

thamadness

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Mount the disk?

What happens if I go into manage the music application and click clear data? Will that wipe songs? What does clear data do anyway? It's in the same spot where gives you option to move to sd card etc...

devindpotts

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Mount the disk?

What happens if I go into manage the music application and click clear data? Will that wipe songs? What does clear data do anyway? It's in the same spot where gives you option to move to sd card etc...

Mount the drive I mean, same thing as Elai was getting at. I find that to be the easiest way. If I had my charger here with me I would give you exact directions but I don't. I find that to be by far the easiest method though.

elai1108

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Mount the disk?

Which music player or app are you using to manage your music?

The stock music player does NOT have a "clear data" function as far as I can tell.

thamadness

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Which music player or app are you using to manage your music?

The stock music player does NOT have a "clear data" function as far as I can tell.

Using the app that comes with the phone.. it's called music, it's by htc. If you click home, menu, settings, applications, manage applications, up at the top go to all, scroll down to music and click it.... you'll see a clear data button. Would this erase music? What is this button used for an apps? I don't beleive music give you the ability to delete all your music or in bunches. Have to be one by one, which is horrible. Is there a better player out their other than music? one that makes it play louder?

elai1108

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Using the app that comes with the phone.. it's called music, it's by htc. If you click home, menu, settings, applications, manage applications, up at the top go to all, scroll down to music and click it.... you'll see a clear data button. Would this erase music? What is this button used for an apps? I don't beleive music give you the ability to delete all your music or in bunches. Have to be one by one, which is horrible. Is there a better player out their other than music? one that makes it play louder?
Ok I see what you are talking about. The "clear data" function within app manager only clears out the user settings and NOT any actual files; on my phone it shows 34K of data, which is tiny.

As I said earlier, the best way to clear out your music in bulk is to connect the phone to a PC using the USB cable, and select 'mount as disk' which makes the PC see your SD card as an external drive. Then you can access all the files through the Windows folder system and do the deletes/adds as you see fit.

I have not experimented with any other music player since the stock one works just fine; I think it's plenty loud. I'm sure there are many other free players out there; just try them out or read some reviews first.

thamadness

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
gotcha. Your way sounds better. Thinking about getting the free version of amazon cloud music and the app, you get 5gb free. Would save tons of space on the sd card

elai1108

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
gotcha. Your way sounds better. Thinking about getting the free version of amazon cloud music and the app, you get 5gb free. Would save tons of space on the sd card
You would have to upload all your music to Amazon, no?

I think 32gb will last quite a long time for me.

steve0617

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
I use WiFi Explorer Pro to move files to the SD card when I'm too lazy to find the USB cable. Works well. Had to buy the apply though to be able to upload.

jdport

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I actually use the HTC Transfer program.... it did not install the VCAST thing as the earlier poster said... but it works great. I liked it because it allowed me to sync with my itunes library with whatever itunes playlists I wanted.

What is the best music player to use? I'm looking for one that works well with my itunes import, can sort by artist/album/song, etc, and that can play shoutcast streams. I tried winamp but it isn't good for shoutcast becasue a) it stops playing all the time for no reason and b) there is no way to enter in stream URL's, I can only pick from their list.

Any suggestions?

thamadness

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I actually use the HTC Transfer program.... it did not install the VCAST thing as the earlier poster said... but it works great. I liked it because it allowed me to sync with my itunes library with whatever itunes playlists I wanted.

What is the best music player to use? I'm looking for one that works well with my itunes import, can sort by artist/album/song, etc, and that can play shoutcast streams. I tried winamp but it isn't good for shoutcast becasue a) it stops playing all the time for no reason and b) there is no way to enter in stream URL's, I can only pick from their list.

Any suggestions?

I wanted to install HTC Transfer and followed the instructions, but it gave me vast instead. I just figured verizon put a block on it. Did you follow the instructions in the user manuel?

thamadness

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
You would have to upload all your music to Amazon, no?

I think 32gb will last quite a long time for me.

yes, but it's available for you everywhere. I think you can have it scan your computer. You could use your phone, pc etc.. anywhere you have internet connection. I hear google is working on the same type of product offering

jdport

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I wanted to install HTC Transfer and followed the instructions, but it gave me vast instead. I just figured verizon put a block on it. Did you follow the instructions in the user manuel?

Yes I followed the instructions in the user manual and downloaded the HTC Sync program from the URL they provided.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non