Should I keep it or switch to a D2?:(

taygo

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I had this phone about 9 days now. I love it, but there are some issues. One I can't even get the back off. I looked at how you can do it*read*, but it wont come off....is there a trick to it? I cant do it without almost marking it up.
It tends to lock up sometimes too.
Twice I needed to get the back off but it wouldn't get off. Once it was because of the sim card, the NEXT is it is saying there is no SD card and it wont take pictures of videos!
Will I keep having issues like this? Should I just trade it in for a d2? I am really at a lost......I had a choice between the two and worry I made a crappy choice.

RIGHT NOW: I just looked. It is not reading a SD card at all now. It seem fine yesterday. I took pictures yesterday. What should I do.....

Last edited:

mc21

May 8, 2010
Visit site
if those are your options i would say definitely stick with the thunderbolt. have you tried taking the micro sd out and putting it back in? and i had trouble taking my cover off at first too but not an issue anymore. at the top of the phone, there s a gap. I put my nail in there and kind of pry it open that way. if the micro sd is still not working i would go into a verizon store and talk to them and maybe get a replacement. from what i have read, the d2 isn't as well reviewed as some of the other driods.

taygo

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I am a girl but I don't have "nails" to speak of. When I try, it hurts my fingers so bad. I been trying even a nickle. I made a few nicks in it already. IT WONT COME OFF. It is really tough. If I could I would have looked at the back already. I don't know what to do.
I don't know how good the phones are compared to each other. It is just a idea. I can't do anything if I can't get the back off. My fingers hurt from trying.

elai1108

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I am a girl but I don't have "nails" to speak of. When I try, it hurts my fingers so bad. I been trying even a nickle. I made a few nicks in it already. IT WONT COME OFF. It is really tough. If I could I would have looked at the back already. I don't know what to do.
I don't know how good the phones are compared to each other. It is just a idea. I can't do anything if I can't get the back off. My fingers hurt from trying.
You should take it to a VZW store and have the reps help you. They can help you with your issues and help you resolve them or exchange it; maybe a new TBolt is in order.

mc21

May 8, 2010
Visit site
i could not take it off the first time i tried too. i gave up and then tried again later on as i needed to swap micro sd cards to get the data from my old phone. took me a while and its a lot easier to take it off now. have the rep take it off for you and put it back on a few times to make it less stiff? that may help but def take it in and voice all your concerns before your 14 days are up

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I had trouble removing the back at first but found a trick that makes it easy for me. I don't know if it will work for you because some may be much tighter than others.

Holding the phone with the back facing up to me I put my middle fingernail right into the upper right hand corner and just push down, the nail slips in fairly easy and then I just twist my fingernail and the back starts to pop off easily and I then take it off. YMMV, but it worth giving it a try and I have never nicked the back or the phone doing this.

R

Reactions: beechiegirl1953

taygo

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
They are really tiny nicks. Yes I think I should go to the store:( If they break it, thats not my issue;)
My nail bends and the back stays on. SO it has to be the back. My fingers feel like someone shoved something under the nails:( Thanks all.
Have you guys had issues with the sd cards so soon? It is not reading at all. I don't know what happen between 11pm to a few hours ago.

mc21

May 8, 2010
Visit site
i haven't had any issues with the micro sd. when they/you get the back cover off, take a look at it. maybe it was put in upside down or something... no idea =\ haha

taygo

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
i haven't had any issues with the micro sd. when they/you get the back cover off, take a look at it. maybe it was put in upside down or something... no idea =\ haha

It worked yesterday. I played angery birds and took pictures. No it says NO sd. So I don't know it is it is lose or anything.
HMMM a card might work.

beechiegirl1953

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I had trouble removing the back at first but found a trick that makes it easy for me. I don't know if it will work for you because some may be much tighter than others.

Holding the phone with the back facing up to me I put my middle fingernail right into the upper right hand corner and just push down, the nail slips in fairly easy and then I just twist my fingernail and the back starts to pop off easily and I then take it off. YMMV, but it worth giving it a try and I have never nicked the back or the phone doing this.

R
YOU ARE A GENIUS!!!!!!!!!!! My husband and I worked and worked and worked and were not able to even budge the back cover of my HTC Thunderbolt. We tried a credit card, but also to no avail. THEN, I tried your suggestion and the back slipped off in less than three seconds!!!!! My husband thought I had used a screwdriver or something! THANKS!!! You ought to post this fix all over the internet!!! :)

warlike1919

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I would either get a replacement. Thunderbolt. Or see if can trade it in for a rezound, that me you do not want d2, since your within your 14 days they will give you a new thunderbolt. If they can't. Fix the problem with the. One you have now, and. Year that back k cover can be a pain in the butt at first to try and remove but after. Taking it off a few times it becomes much easier

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't know what you paid for your thunderbolt, but the rezound is $50 straight from Verizon's website right now. Don't get me wrong, I have a Thunderbolt, and it's a great phone, but, for $ 50 more, it's a no brainer to me, especially since you can sell the bundled headphones and probably come close to getting a "free" phone on contract.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I also have had issues with the back. Needs to be removed a few times. It eases up. I am female too. This is a great phone. Don't switch

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair