1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock

Default Is it Just Me or Does This Phone Feel Fast.

This phones proccesor is amazingly fast. It doesnt have the best GPU but its still good. Everything is snappy on this phone too. Combined with 4G it feels like raw power in my hands. Anyone feel the same?

Global Posts
    1,016 Global Posts

Yup! It's a beast! :-)

I adore this phone. I'm coming from an Eris (don't laugh!) so there's a LOT I've missed in the last 2 years, but my GOD .. this thing is amazing.

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

I came from a Droid X, a family member needed a new phone, so I gave up mine. Even compared to that this phone feels fast. I'm actually kind of amazed.

yup. blazing fast.

Quote Originally Posted by superbleester View Post
    This phones proccesor is amazingly fast. It doesnt have the best GPU but its still good. Everything is snappy on this phone too. Combined with 4G it feels like raw power in my hands. Anyone feel the same?
    Mine's so fast it can't keep still, in fact, it's buzzing right now!

Quote Originally Posted by PJnc284 View Post
    yup. blazing fast.

Holy crap......how's it behave oc'd to 1600+? Worth doing?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

It's fun to see 2300+ quadrant scores but that's about it. Not much noticeable difference in normal use and it can get a little hot after extended use. There's also an 1800 floating around but that's a bit much. Currently on an undervolted 1GHz kernel to see if there's any change in battery life.

Global Posts
    498 Global Posts

its just you...jk. came from droid x and i notice it the most when launching skyfire. droid x took a while to open but tbolt is pretty fast

Global Posts
    793 Global Posts
    ROM
    Buglessbeast/Stock

Yea, it's pretty darn fast. Especially noticable for me coming from a Motorola Droid OG.
    So many phones, so little time.

ROM
    Stock

Coming from an HTC incredible, the updated snapdragon is a huge improvement (from what I noticed). Plus having the updated GPU is nice.
    Do not be too hasty entering that room: I HAD TACO BEEEELLLLL FOR LUNCH!!!

Global Posts
    622 Global Posts

It's part the revised snapdragon and part Sense. Sense has always had smooth UI performance. I had a DINC and a DX - by pure hardware the DX should have been faster but the DINC FELT FASTER.

Is the 1ghz CPU any faster than the old ones or is just the gpu updated?

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by shaddix View Post
    Is the 1ghz CPU any faster than the old ones or is just the gpu updated?
    It is a revised cpu and gpu, the htc incredible had a CPU QSD8650 and GPU adreno 200 with 65nm semiconductors and the thunderbolt has a CPU MSM8655 (basically 2nd Gen) and GPU adreno 205 with 45nm.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonAvenger View Post
    It is a revised cpu and gpu, the htc incredible had a CPU QSD8650 and GPU adreno 200 with 65nm semiconductors and the thunderbolt has a CPU MSM8655 (basically 2nd Gen) and GPU adreno 205 with 45nm.
    Whoa that is too much geek talk for one sentence. Lol jk. But I agree, it is amazingly fast.

Sent From My Xoom or Thunderbolt, pick one

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by TreyDaPrince View Post
    Whoa that is too much geek talk for one sentence. Lol jk. But I agree, it is amazingly fast.

haha I got bored one day and decided to figure out the differences in the chipsets, super easy chart to see the differences here:

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonAvenger View Post
    Any idea what is different about it though? Like architecture wise?(besides the 45nm of course)

It's definitely much faster than my Droid 2. On my Droid 2, I would go to a page such as and it would load without a problem. However, if I left the web page open and closed the brower, it would delay in opening the browser and even stall thus not allowing me to select a different command such as a new web page. The Thunderbolt, on the other hand, has never had an issue like this and I'm loving it.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by shaddix View Post
    Any idea what is different about it though? Like architecture wise?(besides the 45nm of course)
    That is where my knowledge kind of ends haha sorry!

Keeping mine for sure. No other phone gives me a God complex more than the Thunderbolt. This thing screams speed!

Coming from a Storm 2 it's amazingly fast! I love this thing.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

ROM
    Stock

I came from an Eris to lol it was a big leap it was worth it!

Quote Originally Posted by PJnc284 View Post
    yup. blazing fast.

Ok sir! Please tell me where you got the wonderful little gizmo that got THAT measurement, and please tell me I don't have to be rooted to get it! ;-)

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk