Is there a way to block a telephone number?

steve0617

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
Add the number as a new contact then edit the contact then select block caller under options.

At least that looks like it should work. Haven't tried it myself.

FutureTBoltOwner

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
bring up the phone, hit the menu button, select blocked callers, hit add caller, and from there you can enter someone from your contacts or add the number you wish to directly

mc21

May 8, 2010
Visit site
just a heads up, i added someone to my contact as ignore and turned on block caller. yet it still goes through. anyone know how to fix this? on my droid x when i set block it sent them straight to voicemail.

allprochris

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
just a heads up, i added someone to my contact as ignore and turned on block caller. yet it still goes through. anyone know how to fix this? on my droid x when i set block it sent them straight to voicemail.
The block caller option on the phone always just sends the call straight to voicemail. What I do is combine that with YouMail and a ditch caller message that gives a fake Verizon Wireless phone out of service message and hangs up on the caller without giving them an option to leave a voicemail.

May be a bit of a pain to setup if you aren't a YouMail user but it works really good for me.

Sorry just realized it is not sending to voicemail on your TBolt. Hmmm haven't tried it on this phone but it worked on my Incredible.

Reactions: project.in.process

maxrebo

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Assuming you have Verizon (pretty safe guess in a Thunderbolt forum)... You can block numbers from calling and texting on the network side on the My Verizon site. Its limited to a certain amount of numbers blockable and time limit, however they can be added again. Its free.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

u7mg0

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site

on my D1 i had the option to send directly to voicemail. not on the TB. the block caller option apparently is only for text messages (per VZW) and does not block a phone caller. will need an app to accomplish this

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I like Muzzle Phone, but I just create one rule for "People No In Phonebook" to always be Silent.... works great!!! No more unwanted phone calls... they can leave a message if they think they have the correct phone number, which they never do.

anonymous239411

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
on my D1 i had the option to send directly to voicemail. not on the TB. the block caller option apparently is only for text messages (per VZW) and does not block a phone caller. will need an app to accomplish this

They are definitely wrong about that. I have used the site many times to block people from CALLING or TEXTING. Its under the tab called spam controls. Play around with it, block your house line and see. Only disadvantage, the block is for 90 days and then you would have to re add it.

Edit:I am also assuming your talking about their mobile website to block callers right?